My first build and i got the bike for free, now i need help!

Looks like your almost there with the parts,may be easier if you list what you aint got and I'll start rooting in shed,good luck with the build

Fan freakin tastic! A combined effort, co-operative, colaborative, charitable, contributory, commendatory, congratulatory, coordinated, complimentary, karma project.

Count me in...

I've got Shimano Skewers front an back (from XT hubs, but don't say XT on them).

Red club roost grips.

I wish I had more to give! Let me know if they are any use.

I'll update the spec when I get home from work this evening. Not sure what you want to do about multiple offers for parts. Perhaps you could box whats not used and pass it on next time or bring to MM for fun/spares. What is still needed on the spec i'll leave blank and post on the wanted forum.

What an amazing effort this is so far, I reckon a period build could well be on the cards.

Mazdaman post the diameters ASAP to help people in their search.

i dont have much but you are welcome to the following...

pair of IKE triangular stubby bar ends
pair of 7 speed grip shifts
modern goldish azonic doublewall flat bar
1" control tech stem, long and low
ritchey z max amberwall tyre

all used and not mint but serviceable

this is truly awesome. we could do more of this! its way better than getting 99p for it all on ebay.

you can't buy karma

i also have some 1 1/8 rock shox indy sl long travel forks if you can use them

Just a thought

Well i was just thinking about what i have been offered so far and i am still amazed. Sinnet177 makes a good point that i might end up with more than i bargained for so i had an idea. I do a lot of cgarity work for The Childrens Trust in Tadoworth, Surrey and i am running the London Marathon for them next April. My thought is to build a second bike with other spare parts that are surplus parts that have been submitted that i cant use because people have already been kind enough with what they have sent. Then we can all take great pleasure in selling it and donating the money to this chairty.

The Childrens Trust helps children who suffer from multiple disabilities and who will need care for life but this helps them to get that care and have a life. Its a real tear jerker when you meet them but they are all amazing and the parents have hearts of gold.

What do you think?

Ha ha

Ha ha ha, my postman doesnt even deliver until 3pm, so he must get a lay in and his bike is terrible, he could do with meeting you guys!!!

Back