just an idea being thrown out here: Yorkshire Pace meet

not had any chance to plan anything at the mo, I was thinking some time late spring.

Obviously we cannot stop people bringing other manufacturers bikes along, but I would like to see as many Pace bikes as possible there :)

I initially suggested Dalby due to its established MTB center for riding status and its proximity to the home of Pace but any other suggestions for Yorkshire rides would be welcome.

Would love to see some official pace acknowledgement for the fans that they have, but I have no idea how to go about that.

My main worry will be getting myself fit enough to ride dalby all day within a group :p

JeRkY":29tkpmij said:
not had any chance to plan anything at the mo, I was thinking some time late spring.

Obviously we cannot stop people bringing other manufacturers bikes along, but I would like to see as many Pace bikes as possible there :)

I initially suggested Dalby due to its established MTB center for riding status and its proximity to the home of Pace but any other suggestions for Yorkshire rides would be welcome.

Would love to see some official pace acknowledgement for the fans that they have, but I have no idea how to go about that.

My main worry will be getting myself fit enough to ride dalby all day within a group :p

Personally i think Dalby will be spot on, its a good flowing trail that suits the older stuff, as for fitness, i managed fine and I'm a little over weight and a moderate smoker so you guys should be fine- its such a nice place to go to take it easy, take in the views and shoot the breeze. A larger group also settles itself into sub groups pretty quickly too, the whippets shoot off leaving the wheezers to form a little mobile roadblock of their own. The faster and fitter guys will catch us on the second lap :LOL: They will just have to keep out of my way on the downhills- lack of self preservation, inertia, gravity and kebab abuse make a formidible opponant when pointing down.

It will be great to get as many Pace's together as possible- I'm sure there will be a good turn out of early bikes, but opening it up to other brands will be cool too, plenty to look at and talk about- lets try and get a good sized group together.

What did you think of the idea to make it into a weekend affair?? I have sorted a camping location out for the aborted Dirty Weekender i tried to put together earlier this year- the plans were all coming together until we got a NO NO from the new campsite owner, thats all put to rights now and i was planning to try and run it again this spring.. Gil had some tasty old skool sugestions for one of the two days, Dalby on the other and I'm sure the bring and buy sale/swap meet would have been popular. Its just an idea, and will be more of an incentive for folk who live further afield to turn up.

As for an official Pace recognition, give them a try... Gil thinks they will be quite receptive to the idea and they seem a friendly enough bunch. Mail them and send them a link to this thread and give them a quick overview of your plans.

Lets get this this thing of the ground- it'll be a great event!

si

Yeah,open it up to other brands,would like to take the fat chance round Dalby.

Latest posts

Back