Anyone have a 1971 Carlton Catalogue?

Re: Re:

Rustyretro":3cbxsy1e said:
Wow - that's a very detailed spec. I built it up somewhat differently to that. Thanks for taking the time to put the information together.

The 1972 White & Blue Gran Sport was one of the 2 Raleighs I lusted after when I first got the catalog as a 10-year old, in November 1972. :) The other model is the International (chartreuse).

This frame was more like a model in the US catalogue. This model was not in this form in the Carlton range then. The International of 70/71 used white.

A debt of gratitude is in order for the offer. I'm truly searching for the one from 1971/2 to assistance with my manufacture.

Rustyretro":1czc9c79 said:
Hi, I'm looking for a Carlton catalogue from 1971/2 with the Carlton Competition in. I've just picked an old frame up in white and blue and I'd like to keep it as original as possible.
Thanks
Hi there I just joined the forum so apologies for my reply to an old post. I own a 1971 Carlton Competition that I have had since 1974. I have lots of photos and details on the equipment that was fitted when new and happy to share if anyone in this post is interested. It was repainted in 2016 but I kept the original color scheme which was lagoon blue with old English white headstock and bands on the seat post, with chrome forks and lugs. I believe it was sold as frame only.
cheers all, Nigel

Latest posts

Back