The Ebay £40 proflex 757 bargain!! Before and after!! ;o)

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Some of you noticed it on ebay the other day, I got it for £47 when collected the chap was a really cool dude who got married last week and only wanted £40 so off I trotted ....

First look it was filthy and I mean grime everywhere!! I dont think it had been washed in years and was used as a daily commuter
Its bog standard Lx groupset with XT V brakes and XT rear mech all looked in ok condition no dents anything scarey looking.

DSC05017.jpg

DSC05016.jpg

DSC05015.jpg

And here it is after a complete strip down, Everything taken apart and greeced , rear shock changed , and a change of parts to make it more tasteful ... Still needs setting up ( brakes etc )

I have to say I am pretty pleased with myself not because it was a bargain but its the first time I have really gone to town stripping and building a bike to the point of a bare frame with rear pivots etc .

So here it is!!! :D :D :D

DSC05018.jpg

DSC05021.jpg

DSC05023.jpg

Nice - my recommendation - strip all the red paint off the swingarm and forks, will look a whole lot better.

If you want my spare swingarm (already stripped!) - I'll bring it to the Wobble if you like FOC.

here was mine after stripping everything off (hadn't quite finished job at time of photo).

Attachments

• Bike May 2006 032 (Medium).jpg
    Bike May 2006 032 (Medium).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2,586
Ooooowww I like that :D

What did you use to do the stripping ( Paint stripper I know :D )

Was it proper messy , a hassle, something you wish you hadnt started 3 weeks before FOD ride? :D

daj":29um2muq said:
Ooooowww I like that :D

What did you use to do the stripping ( Paint stripper I know :D )

Was it proper messy , a hassle, something you wish you hadnt started 3 weeks before FOD ride? :D

yup - Nitromors :D

yes proper messy, a hassle, something I wished I hadn't started etc etc! Worth it in the end I think though. Ended up switching the rear swingarm for a carbon one (they are interchangeable) and selling it on to a mate who still has it. The swingarm is the one I have spare.

Back