Official recommended or not paint-shop thread.

Re:

For those in Ireland (Dublin)

Tallaght Powder coating - My bike is starting to look shabby 6 years after it was done.

Cheap chrome job on a prototype frame with rust blemishes.
Picture118.jpg

Results:

P3300007.jpg

I went for the non-stick frying pan look, but with a few sparkles.

Re:

Anyone know of a company in Dorset/Wiltshire, looking for a cheap and cheerfull respray of a frame and forks ?

Powderpot Blandford seem to have disappeared :shock:

Sadly Powderpot vanished - recommendation on here was the kiss of death...

I have used Ferndown Powder Coatings (IIRC) in Ferndown Industrial Estate. The result was a bit agricultural but OK for a cheap job (£30 or so IIRC)
Solent Powder Finishers are my go-to.

Anyone know if the usual top end painters do slightly more artistic work? I'd like to get some forks painted to match my dekerf frame which has a maple leaf design painted on the wishbone. Looks like a visit to Bristol is on the cards but was wondering if anyone knows of someone nearer London? From memory I guess Graphics shack might be worth a visit, not sure if Argos do the "artistic stuff".

Re:

Just found this looking up powder coaters near me - looks like Aurora are worth visiting.

Dave Yates should be on the list for wet paint.

He did a great job on my Generation after swapping some brazings around on it. Dead chuffed. Difficult to catch it in a photo, but it's got a yellow top coat, so catches the light beautifully. Proper summery paint job!

8665123555_794f70a9e4_c.jpg

8665123913_ed0796bf71_c.jpg

Re: Re:

nedrapier":2txq7679 said:
Just found this looking up powder coaters near me - looks like Aurora are worth visiting.

Dave Yates should be on the list for wet paint.

He did a great job on my Generation after swapping some brazings around on it. Dead chuffed. Difficult to catch it in a photo, but it's got a yellow top coat, so catches the light beautifully. Proper summery paint job!

8665123555_794f70a9e4_c.jpg

8665123913_ed0796bf71_c.jpg

Very nice!

Back