NOVEMBER 1ST. Forest of dean ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
The landlady said they have something on, hence the full booking and they don't take single bookings for the lodge. Think i'll try my luck with the lodge on the day.

As for which ride I was planning on having the Rocky Mountain ready, which it should be, but i'm going to ride the alpinestars instead and save the Rocky for the Christmas meet. The alpinestars was built for rides like these and i'm smitten with it at the moment.

Looking forward to this one.

ededwards said:
Three weeks to the day we'll be easing aching bones with some foaming ale - excitement is building (here at any rate!).

Actually Ed, I'm not sure that excitement is the word- more fear and trepidation from this quarter - but I'm still coming as long as the Rockhopper behaves itself! - and I hope it's true that no one gets left behind.....

Cheers

CAS

and I hope it's true that no one gets left behind.....

I have never done a retrobike ride before, And it kinda worries me a little but the vibe that goes on in this forum I really dont think its something to worry about its going to be a cracking day me thinks :D

The motto is "never leave a man (or woman) behind in the field".

Seriously, no one will get left behind, it really won't be that sort of ride.

Roll up roll up !!

Anymore for the grande day?

If distance is putting people off I live 30 mins from Oxford and have a grand espace 7 seater with rack on the back, get to me and I will drive the rest? or I am 5 mins from Kingham station happy to collect ? :D Can even supply a bike if yours isnt built ?? :D

More the merrier hey

Just out of interest is anyone out this weekend in the FOD?

I'm back in the shire visiting parents and will be taking my bike so should ( :roll: ) be riding.

Cannot make the 1st :(

Let me know peeps :D

hmmm I am going out Friday nite with me old work mates ... Normally that means me out of it for the weekend ( its an age thing :oops: )

But if I made a good recovery Sunday could be a goer? :D

Cool I'll check in over the weekend.

I normally start and finish from pedalabikeaway. Not overly interesting but I get to stretch my legs :LOL:

There's a nice little trail here, Some tight corners and goes downhill

Lat : 51°46'13.46"N
lon : 2°35'16.05"W

Its not an exact location but I think I'm pretty spot on, Used to live about a mile up the road.

Theres also another section here, Again a rough location

Lat : 51°45'59.56"N
Lon : 2°34'46.84"W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back