97? Kona Nunu ...stars and bars..

My first reaction on that was it's a 2000 nunu, in the factory colour red as per the back half and the rest of the paint and decals have been added afterwards. You can also tell this as where the blue has scratched off it has revealed red again, whereas on the RH chainstay the chipping shows that red is the only colour there

The logo on the seat tube is correct for a 2000, and the 2000 as far a i'm aware is for some unknown reason the only nunu year without an headtube/downtube gusset.

got it today!

And oh isn't it just about the cutest itsy bitsy teeny weensy little mini bike ever<3

:D

...thankfully my girlfriend's almost as excited as I am :D

Really need to get some touch-up paint (it isn't as bad as it looks) and the white bits ASAP!

James":286wk2ij said:
My first reaction on that was it's a 2000 nunu, in the factory colour red as per the back half and the rest of the paint and decals have been added afterwards. You can also tell this as where the blue has scratched off it has revealed red again, whereas on the RH chainstay the chipping shows that red is the only colour there

The logo on the seat tube is correct for a 2000, and the 2000 as far a i'm aware is for some unknown reason the only nunu year without an headtube/downtube gusset.

Yeah I thought about that too, going along the lines that the red is the same as in 2000.. BUT,

-seattube sticker sez: 7005 DOUBLE butted

-headset is a Tioga unit, as a 99 Nunu should have

-rear tire is a kona SCRATCH (altough this probably isn't original given the bike's mileage and the nice condition of the tire. Or has it been originally in the front?)

Not that it really matters as it'll be stars and bars anyway.. of course it would be nice to know if
a)Such "anniversary editions" existed
b)This might be one of those.

last post/edit today about this subject, I promise :D

serial number: F804K0840

I think I saw a post by Anthony somewhere saying that the first number meant the last digit of the built year -> 1998

ok I'm off to bed, thanks for your attention :oops:

Shredd":2w2h2eq2 said:
I think I saw a post by Anthony somewhere saying that the first number meant the last digit of the built year -> 1998

sounds about right - my 1998.5 Pahoehoe has no: F804K0406 if that helps?

Attachments

• DSC00195.JPG
    DSC00195.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 3,531
Shredd":14y0nff2 said:
That's interesting, but I'm afraid it isn't quite as simple as that and I think this suggests that James was probably right to say 2000.

When there are 8 digits, the first signifies the factory and the second signifies the year. But when there are 9 digits, the first two signify the factory and the third signifies the year! So this says the frame was built in 2000, so it is either a 2000 or 2001 model, and it looks as though James is correct.

But Albash82's serial number puzzles me, as his bike certainly isn't a 2000 or 2001, as his dropout shape is 98/99 and 2000 was different. I don't understand this, I don't know what those Ks are doing there - I don't know about these more recent bikes I'm afraid.

Anthony":61qxizsw said:
Shredd":61qxizsw said:
That's interesting, but I'm afraid it isn't quite as simple as that and I think this suggests that James was probably right to say 2000.

When there are 8 digits, the first signifies the factory and the second signifies the year. But when there are 9 digits, the first two signify the factory and the third signifies the year! So this says the frame was built in 2000, so it is either a 2000 or 2001 model, and it looks as though James is correct.

But Albash82's serial number puzzles me, as his bike certainly isn't a 2000 or 2001, as his dropout shape is 98/99 and 2000 was different. I don't understand this, I don't know what those Ks are doing there - I don't know about these more recent bikes I'm afraid.

It was in the school curriculum down here in sussex to identify retro kona's it would seem. ;)

Back