1995 Rocky Mountain Altitude

Re:

You've done a great job. one of my favourite frames ever... bet it rides like a dream.

Big respect for the huge late Victorian 'Arts and Crafts' fire place and that Art Nouveau fire grate and cover is beautiful.

al. :D

Re:

I'm glad it's not my size. I've always wondered where all the non-team 95's ended up. Oak Bay and James Bay it seems! That reminds me, I gotta get a couple new stickers. If I could find another one in my size, I'd build it stock. One stocker and one hot rod.

Lovely bike, dude. Congratulations. Still my favourite frame. Standing up on the middle ring on these babies is like dancin'. When I bought it new in '95, it made me a better rider.

Thanks semi-school! Unfortunately that bike was too small for me, it ended up in the clutches of PeteC (hope you are making some progress on your build version Peter!). I did purchase a 1991 Rocky Mtn Altitude when they came in to Russ Hay's (I worked there upstairs), and only sold it a few years ago. As I got older, an 18" bike seemed way to small for me. We rode little circus bikes back then. I am more 0f a 19.5 - 20" frame guy now.

More importantly, we live in the same town, and both love retro mtbs; how have we not crossed paths?? I have a 1991 Merlin Mtn. project just getting started, I'd love to see your Merlin for inspiration!

I have messaged you (can't hide forever)...

Sadly, it was too small for me, too, Shamus. My other RMs are all 18.5. I should've known it would be too small, especially with the sloping top tube, but it was such a good deal, I couldn't help myself. Plus, I thought my Thunderbolt was a 17.5" when I bought this one. Argh. Old age is killing my memory.

I sold the frame and SP to a RBUKer in Germany. Put the wheelset on my son's Homegrown and punted a few parts onto ebay. Still have the fork and some odds and ends though. Managed to break even, but it was a ton of time and effort into nothing. Still nice to see that frame in the metal, even if for just a few weeks.

Back