Paypal help... Release funds

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
A little advice needed if you guys wouldnt mind...

I made a fairly susbstantial payment through ebay recently (450 pounds) and the seller is waiting for funds to be released on his end so he can transfer them into hos bank account.

Can someone twll me why paypal has witheld the funds and is there something i need to do to release them?

Thanks

his account may not have been fully activated. usually this means he has to verify with a small sum transfer. Is he new to ebay? They can suspend accounts for misuse.

Re:

Thanks. He is new to ebay yes, what would be the best course of action for him to take? So that i can pass it on to him

Cheers

If I know, as long as there are no 50 evaluated sales, they will block the amount for up to 21 days! So for 21 days you will not be able to send money to your bank account!

This happened to me recently.
usually when it's a sellers 1st sale the payment is held back.
Will probably clear after the weekend.
You could do 1 of 2 things, get the seller to cancel the transaction, and make a PayPal payment straight to their account rather than do it through eBay.
Or set up a bank transfer.
Or you and the seller could just wait it out.
I understand the frustration, especially when it involves a big sum.
I am assuming it's a bike you bought.
Hope this helps.
Jeff.

His funds won't complete until he has recieved positive feedback- it's eBay's ways of protecting the buyer against new users. Ie he can't wait for it to clear as it won't until he has sent you the goods. The best course of action for him to take is to send you the bike, anything else is fluff.

Hi, there are various reasons that payments are withheld, it is common for all ebay users especially new accounts. If the payment has shown up in his paypal account then he has received the payment and should send you the goods. Transferring money from paypal to a bank account is nothing to do with you and you should ask him to post the item. If the payment is pending, which will show as an egg timer symbol, and show as pending in both of your paypal accounts, then it is just a case of waiting it out im afraid. The sellers paypal account will notify him of any actions he needs to take to clear the funds.

Hope this helps

Mark

tIB":37uqrrsu said:
His funds won't complete until he has recieved positive feedback- it's eBay's ways of protecting the buyer against new users. Ie he can't wait for it to clear as it won't until he has sent you the goods. The best course of action for him to take is to send you the bike, anything else is fluff.

Exactly this ^^^^^

Back