General Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

technodup":2cdmxwnk said:
Harryburgundy":2cdmxwnk said:
Are you are 'journalist' for The Sun?
Aww, is it the big bad Sun's fault Jezza's a basket case?

Like it or not media management is a key part of politics. Just another thing he's not very good at.

It's a long list.

Kinda odd that he has won two Labour leadership contests, the second with an increased mandate, despite all the media backlash. I fully concede that winning the Labour leadership vs winning a GE is a different beast, but you can not deny he has motivated and energised one hell of a lot of people...the Labour Party now has its biggest membership in history, far greater than the Conservatives.
I will fully agree that unfortunately, in the current climate, he has issues with presentation, he isn't the greatest orator, he has made a few mistakes. I'm not keen on his election strategy...it smacks to me that his campaign strategist has looked at Trumps campaign and suggested, we can do that, but for the left.
I enjoy chatting about politics but when people start using the narrative of the gutter press it diminishes their arguments in my opinion. Again, Corbyn has been very good at a lot of things, not least his dedication to his constituency...something rarely seen. To dismiss him and his achievements, which I could list but no doubt you have a google search engine, as an abject failure is, by any standards, just ludicrous.
So...I'm really not interested in replying to your comments anymore, unless of course they take a more mature angle.

Re: Re:

Harryburgundy":1737h3fu said:
you can not deny he has motivated and energised one hell of a lot of people...
I don''t even know if he has though, the party was ready for a lefty. It was his turn.

the Labour Party now has its biggest membership in history, far greater than the Conservatives.
And the Conservatives have the biggest voter base. Guess which matters?

Corbyn has been very good at a lot of things, not least his dedication to his constituency...something rarely seen.
Rarely seen because it's irrelevant. He's leader. He needs to be good at erm, leading. Persuading. Controlling the narrative. Organising his troops. He's utterly failed on every level. Whether he helped Doris with her complaint about her bin collection is moot.

So...I'm really not interested in replying to your comments anymore, unless of course they take a more mature angle.
Awww.

Well is that really what left wing politics is about?

On that basis are we to assume visiting prostitutes and adhering to bizarre sexual practises is right wing?

Re:

oh joy another political thread.

usual warning etc, keep it sensible etc etc etc. if a bunfight starts i'll just bin it and then bin all threads related if it doesn't stay sensible. i don't mind you guys talking politics, i'm interested in what some of you have to say, especially at the other ends of the country to me, but i can't be doing with all the usual silliness that goes along with it normally so if it goes pear shaped, it'll go.

my take on it:-

i like what Corbyn tries to do but i think he should have remained a back bench MP, he was better at influencing opinion from there rather than being leader of the party, the fact he's had to fight so hard to remain the leader shows that his mp's don't really want him so why would the guts of the public, he is not PM material. he's too left wing, his stance on EU referendum was lukewarm at best which annoyed me, that said i don't think Ed milliband was electable as PM either. they need a tony blur clone to win, but i hope that lying turd never comes back. one other thing about Corbyn that annoys me is it always looks like he just dragged his arse out of bed and put yesterdays dirty crumpled suit on, make and effort man for god's sake.

the tories, universally hated by so many, mostly for generational reasons i feel and those wanting to protect the NHS, understandable i think, i know my father had his pension raped by the Labour government under gordon browns raid of the private pension fund so his name is dirt around our house, he lost 1/3 of his pension pot thanks to him so you can imagine how my father votes. (i should add he was previously a member of the labour party and my whole family is northern but we've been down south for 25ish years)

that jimmy krankie lookalike in scotland annoys me, scotland voted to stay in the UK, you lost that one, then the EU referendum, i get that you wanted to remain (so did i) but change the record from the "we want another referendum on independence" will you and just deal with it. one thing at a time

but i think the tories will win, labour i think will probably lose seats, the lib dems will i think will recover from the drubbing they had due to people not trusting nick clegg after he was DPM.

but we will see what happens, in some ways i'm glad it's a snap election as it means a short campaign period.

Political stances are not logically subject to generalisations based on a few individuals.

Ergo Stalin, Tony Benn and Alexie Sayle don't really define anything more than Hitler, Margaret Thatcher and Bernard Manning.

Intelligent politicians draw from any source to present something positive and engaging to the electorate.

The hints of tax raising are certainly out of step with Tory tradition, but what does May have to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back