Early 1990s Raleigh

baffle

Retro Newbie
Hi folks,
can anyone help me with finding out a bit more about my bike? I should know everything already as I bought it new in ?1993 from a bike shop in Leicester, as a frameset, but the mists of time have clouded my memory!
It's a Raleigh, and the original paint is a metallic purple - the frame was being flogged off cheap end of season. Although I really wanted a touring frame at the time so I could mount commute panniers etc, the price and the Reynolds stickers got the better of me....due to a combination of reasons, I did't use it much and it then sat in the shed until my son showed some interest in cycling about 10 years ago. He didn't get on with it, but had it long enough to get the frame oversprayed a matt black. Any decals are now missing or just possibly masked. IIRC the tubing was 531C but I cant remember if this was either or forks/frame.

I've been through the Raleigh catalogues in the Veteran Cycle Club library, and I can't positively identify it (if I am right about remembering the frame tubing as 531C). The frame serial number is D13313 which is stamped on the BB. From what I read somewhere earlier on today, on Raleigh frames in the 1990s the first letter denoted the year. The seat post is 27.2mm.

I ride weekly with a mate who has a modern Aluminium job, and although I sometimes wonder how much I am holding him back, I really enjoy riding it, and I'd like to persevere with it, and know more about it.

I've taken some piccies of various bits and I'm trying to upload these to Photobucket, but the site's playing up - when I succeed I'll post again.
thanks
Matt

Raleigh Special Products?

3508816318_0448139ca5_o.jpg

Shaun

Re:

Thank you - yes looks very similar, the only poss difference being the BB lugs which on mine are square ended, are the ones on the frame pictured curvey?
bike_shop.jpg

bike_workshop.jpg

BB_lug.jpg

BB_underside.jpg

downtube_lug.jpg

dropout.jpg

seatpost.jpg

So is this enough to establish the frameset spec? Would they all be the same?

thanks again

I think you are going to have to look through 1992-3 RSP catalogues or wait for someone with more knowledge as i have exhausted mine at it being a "D" numbered RSP frame :)

Looks well smart though :)

Shaun

Back