Great big Singlespeed thread!

Re:

Another On-One Scandal here, a V2 29'er :)

Currently running an Uberbike 30T narrow-wide chainring up front with a 21T (?) Rear sprocket . After SSEC2017 I might try it geared 1x10, I have all the bits and should only be a 10 minute job to change it over.

Attachments

• 20170416_130930-1024x576.jpg
    20170416_130930-1024x576.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 2,213
Re:

Hey all,

My first post.

This is my 2000 Surly 1x1.

I have had it stripped and resprayed in the original black.

I am looking for white decals for it - which is proving difficult.

IVk2np8.jpg

Gw1FgyV.jpg

qvD7eE5.jpg

65ROUVq.jpg

JAnQSU5.jpg

I asked Surly and they sent me to the local distributor.

They did not reply to my emails.

I tried to source them online - transparent are available but not white.

I am open to any suggestions.

Ison Distribution are showing both black and white out of stock and there is no listed expected delivery shown.
Lovely 1X1 ;) Mine is a 2007 and love it, favourite off road machine by far.
Try Gil_M on here or message him on facebook at retrodecals.
Gil has done a good few things for me from my Surly's through to redoing the decals for my Old Town canoe. All are of a very professional standard, if not better. He's one of us and a good guy to boot.

Jamie

DSC_0107 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN1523 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Never noticed this thread before..

Don't you just hate the combination of single-speed with a strength-sucking wheel dish designed to accommodate seven speeds or more?

I cut a Quando in half with a hacksaw and interference-fitted two or three inches (can't remember exactly) cut off the end of an alloy handlebar inside the two halves, with a couple of grub-screws for 'insurance', and built a wheel around that. Gearing is 38x16.

Apart from that, my bike, an '89 Trek, is, if you don't look too closely, almost a ringer for theredchill's 1988 Wicked Fat on page five of this thread, except without the yellow forks, and with cantis front and rear. (and his is much nicer, of course, so you might as well look at his rather than mine.. :) )

Re:

Finally got out on the On-One, most riding recently has been in company where a SS would not really have been popular!

Probably the most hassle free first ride I have had, wasn't sure on the tensioning but it was fine under power and braking (where i have had problems before)

May move the saddle a little foward but that's it.....think the curved seat tube may have messed with my measuring there.

The 145mm xc rear brake is a little lacking on technical single track bits but not unexpected.

It is sooooo light......very happy.....may not put a bouncy fork on now either.

Good stuff!

I firmly believe that singlespeeds suit rigid forks far better than bouncy ones, so I'd keep the rigid if it were mine. ;-)

Back