Show us your S-Bikes /Sbikes/S'Bikes

Re:

Just saw this sign on Ebay along side an Sbike being sold ...

Attachments

• rsz_2017-04-12_10h40_02.png
    rsz_2017-04-12_10h40_02.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 835
Tomilindfors":28bmjl39 said:
ls8X5z.jpg

Now that's interresting ...I recently bought a Daytona that has the exact same reinforcement triangle above the front derailler. I was thinking that it was a repair made by a previous owner, but actualy it could have been like that from when it left the factory ..!

Any other pics of similar version of Daytona frame ?

thnos":fdncqkwe said:
Now that's interresting ...I recently bought a Daytona that has the exact same reinforcement triangle above the front derailler. I was thinking that it was a repair made by a previous owner, but actualy it could have been like that from when it left the factory ..!

Any other pics of similar version of Daytona frame ?

From my collection of pics : (none of these bikes are mine)

The triangles weren't present on the older bikes. My 1992 728 didn't have that reinforcement, I assume they started doing that in 1993.

Obviously it was needed, as these 2 examples show :

The top one obviously had some repairs done, the bottom one even more.

Note that on the bottom one there's a weld across the side of bottom chainstay, on the rear half of the seat tube. That's the classical weak spot for Daytonas.
That particular frame is dead. Even if the owner rebuilt it, it would just crack again half an inch further to the back.

I also know of a black 700c Daytona that had its BB welded back on twice, so there definitely is an issue with the lower triangle of the Daytonas.

Attachments

• gt40_041_443.jpg
    gt40_041_443.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 716
  • publication1_573.jpg
    publication1_573.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 712
  • sbike (1).jpg
    sbike (1).jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 709
  • Sbike 728.jpg
    Sbike 728.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 712
I’ve just got back from visiting family during an Easter break in Spain. Left behind by a previous occupant, tucked away in the garage was this lovely steel Sbike 523.
After slopping around the UK on an over-the-top enduro bike, this rigid beauty (I love the frame) flew along the dusty Spanish tracks.

I struggled to find any info on the brand until the Singletrack forum point me in this direction.

Simon

Attachments

• DSC03742.jpg
    DSC03742.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 554
Hi
This is my S'Bike 700c. Love it.
My first vintage MTB.

Attachments

• DSC_0951-lite.jpg
    DSC_0951-lite.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 111
Re:

Selling an Sbike in Sydney, Australia. Any idea what to value it?

Attachments

• image0-02.jpeg
    image0-02.jpeg
    640.3 KB · Views: 96
It is a 2nd Generation SBike
Forks are on back to front ;-)
but pretty much Original XT parts on the bike
Would guess in Europe it might go for 300 - 500 Euros forks are not Sbike forks ..all depends who is looking for a Sbike at the time ...but that's just my rough guess

Back