GT Avalanche se newer post

captain8track

Retro Guru
repainted black satin, oringal darkgrey not sure if 97-98 seems to be a 97 with newer fork fitted warranty maybe?

Attachments

• PICT0226.JPG
    PICT0226.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 1,841
  • PICT0227.JPG
    PICT0227.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,841
looking good, another nice and hardcore build.........but... I hate that tyre :evil: skid that puppy to death :twisted:

Re: shit.

captain8track":l5wvatbh said:
****, it's a tad to small. took it out for a spin this weekend and well. The brake levers sucked, chain and rear cogs picked a fight with themselves. And brakes squelled like nothing else. The back wheel wasn't true...

but the paint job didn't chip and it felt light and nimble in the rough. But I'm not pleased. and I don't like the Sram triggers.

hmmm, looks like it's back to the drawing board, but at least you have a good starting point with that nicely painted frame.

So the help part!

Borrowed a Judy C 80mm's from 2000 something (not the final fork).

I've tried this bike with my Skareb fork and thought it was to high up front. the judy should be the same height as an 80mm's SID WC?

don't really think the difference between the 100mm's skareb and 80mm's RockShox is that big?

Also, could I maybe lower the handlebar with a more negative rise stem? a´la cannondale?

I'm thinking of ditching the v-brake up front and go with my bb7 setup...

I just bought some Sram Attack gripshifts insteed of the Triggers, but what brake levers should I get? Cane Creek has a pair that looks pretty good at a decent price. or should I go with Avid? Have had them before and didn't really like em...

Posting some pics of the current build, with dirt. so you all can see that it has been used (one time but) and a picture of the old build with an 100mm's skareb and in white...

Attachments

• DSC04363.JPG
    DSC04363.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,560
  • DSC04365.JPG
    DSC04365.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,560
  • gtn.jpg
    gtn.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,560
Back