Crystal ball gazing...

That is very very very very nice Rody! The paint is good :cool: With the seatcluster I see resemblance with my Hard Core, it is the clever solution with the clamp on the frontside ;)

Will you start building full time now Rody?

Melvin,

No full time for me, will keep plodding along at about 10 - 12 per year. Gotta leave time for family and fun :D

Just finishing up the next Bigwheel, will be a blue camo paint scheme...should be pretty cool.

cheers,

rody

That is a very tidy bike rody!! :D I love the paintwork too. Makes a change from all the new school black/grey etc.

What tubing is it? Just a shame about the wheel size ;)

Of the current/recent bikes the only ones I would buy are Turners.

Several ultimate trailbike awards around the globe must be worth something. But I may be biased as I have a couple. ;)

Isn't what is special about a retrobike, that it says something about what was current when it was made.

Does this not mean that current bikes which have a retro attitude, will not be the retrobikes of the future.

Hope that makes sense cos I'm really trying not to end up in a mobius. :? :)

Elev12k":2fq8t459 said:
http://www.brooklynmachineworks.com/

I feel I need to explain this a little bit. This stuff is dreamed of by people about the same age when I dreamed of FATs, Yetis, Elev12k's.... Like many of them now I couldn't afford those bikes back then. Now I can and in 10 years they will too.

Also see Heavy D's point. We are people with a 'classic style' bike attitude and we are only a tiny fraction of of the biking population. The greatest 'classic style' bikes probably lay behind us, as back then they got the momentum.

Nowadays the mountainbike world is very segmented. There are bikes for downhilling, dirtjumping, singlespeeding, freeriding.... anyway the industry continues to develop new concepts, so they can sell us another bike. Back then we only had 1 bike for everything. Hence from this point of view it could very well be the greatest ever classic is from the era there was only 1 bike to do it all.

Back