And today I did......

old_coyote_pedaller":sqjl0ler said:
RobMac":sqjl0ler said:
And today I did...... notice that the decals on my new Surly Troll were lifting off even though the bike has never stepped out the door ever :?
Anybody else experienced this?

It's caused by damp. :shock:

Turn yer central-heating up ya stingy bastard. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Surly decals are a real hit and miss I believe. I have seen posts on MTBR etc that have people complaining that they came straight off. From my experience all of mine were fine and on Heathers old 1X1 that we changed the decals on because they were half rubbed off, the rest of them were a real pain to get off. My frames have always been good with the only one that has shed decals have been the front fork of my LHT, but I think that could be because of computer cable zip tied onto it. I put genuine ones on my Pugsley when I had it repainted and they are so thin I thought they will come off pretty quick, but they seem to have stayed OK and the one on the downtube usually has my PDW mudguard elasticated onto it and it has survived, not that it see's much hard use. If you want non genuine ones, give GilM a shout (on here and at retrodecals on facebook) as he does most of the Surly stuff now. He does all the fatbike stuff and has done my canoe and bikes before, all my 'jamie' decals in the Surly style are donne by Gil.

Jamie

In light of the above I have ensured the decals won't lift on my rockhopper.

e23949617f83dbdfbc8804ef643acd04_zpsmwlzwybj.jpg

It looks more like the partay tartan ;)

I think the ass saver may be just a tad too much ;)

Lookin' good

Jamie

Up at nethy bridge near aviemore for a week on hols.

As a few of you know, I taught shona how to ride a bike, starting with 100m balancing runs on paths back in October. Now in March we just did 23 miles off road from nethy to carrbridge.

Cairngorms looking great at this time of year.

And before ye ask OCP, she's no doing kelty/benarty/lomonds wi us lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 353
That pics got a longing look to it , like we'd rather be there off in the distance :cool:

Likely cold and wet :?

Back