1997 Cougar 3rd time lucky

Re:

Nice yellow tyres!

If you take them to MM Clive, I'll relieve you of them if you like ;)

Mike

Re:

Nice build, but I'd be very cautious about riding with that amount of spacers under the stem on a carbon steerer. Many manufactures specify a maximum number of spacers. This article: http://www.velonews.com/2010/06/news/st ... bes_121389 quotes Trek (supposedly, I can't verify the source) saying a maximum of 40mm.

It'd be worth checking with the makers of your fork the allowed limit before riding just in case....

SP

Re:

I gotta say I preferred the quill stem and alloy forks, but, as I am a massive believer in bikes being ridden then job's a good'un.

Re: 1997 Cougar Rethink

Yep Kudos to JOS (Ken) for karma-ing the tyres to me and the yellow ones are all yours Mike happy to pass on the karma (or get the ruddy things out of the garage :LOL: )

Thanks for that info splatter the forks have an alloy steerer so I think I'll be ok on that front

Thanks Neil I did contemplate cutting the steerer down and threading it which might happen still it I can't find the right stem for it.

Second vote for the alloy fork and quill, but more than happy to review that on April's ride. Either way, its still a lovely bike.

I would imagine the carbon fork is much smoother than the alloy one though!

Not had a chance to ride it yet and the LH shifter is playing up and I don't like the stem set up either I'm not feeling the love for this right now :roll:
I'm so glad I've got my Pinarello built. :)

Right I think I've cracked it swapped out the forks for the alloy ones, back to the quill stem, saddle changed back to a flite, tyres now 25 mm Vittoria corsa pro's sorted out the shifter I'm much happier with it now it looks right. It does have a temporary headset top cap and not sure if I will keep the bar tape or get some deda we shall see.

Attachments

• 20170329_220617.jpg
    20170329_220617.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 373
Re:

Bar tape looks good, glad you got some sti levers too, mate.

Can the stem go down? Looks quite high.

It's a bit high as I haven't set it yet, I'm waiting to change the headset part will sort it out afterwards. they are the same shifters I just took it apart and cleaned it up so much congealed grease it wasn't going nowhere :x

Back