A Singlespeeders smile

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My commute home takes me up a shortish but v.steep hill, which of course I try and race anyone on it.
Tonight a came up behind a guy, and sprinted past him....as I passed I heard..crunch...slip...clunk...and 'fecking stupid frigging bike' as he tried to change gear....
Couldn't stop laughing :LOL:
Singlespeeds ROCK

i ride a single speed, but the opposite hapeened to me! went to crank hard, wheel slipped in frame, chain fell off! severe balls to stem interface! luckily i have two kids already!

I'm starting to think I may do the Wobble on singlespeed :shock: the thought of crunchy gears in welsh muck really doesn't appeal... we're not exactly going to be going at race speed anyway.

hoegaardenadds1":u5cs74v2 said:
went to crank hard, wheel slipped in frame, chain fell off!

Run a nutted axle AND a chain tug! (fixed rocks even harder!)

orange71":2p8k6zyu said:
I'm starting to think I may do the Wobble on singlespeed :shock: the thought of crunchy gears in welsh muck really doesn't appeal... we're not exactly going to be going at race speed anyway.

If i do it ill be running single speed. No idea what geat to use though. I normally use 44 *16 but ther is no why i would cope with that

Cab":3am1o14x said:
hoegaardenadds1":3am1o14x said:

Slighty off topic and i may well set up a seperate thread for this at some point but can anyone recomend a good fixed gear chain. Im sick of mine snapping.

s_zigmond":dw5phy0s said:
Cab":dw5phy0s said:
hoegaardenadds1":dw5phy0s said:

Slighty off topic and i may well set up a seperate thread for this at some point but can anyone recomend a good fixed gear chain. Im sick of mine snapping.

Rohloff S L T 99 (you can use their Trial version on SS also) SLT chain

Back