Fat Chance Yo Eddy Redux II

Hi, awesome bike, really!!!
I have a set of these Paul Cross Stop for one wheel (unfortunately some bits ar missing, rest is NOS) - and I wonder whether they work before I start to arrange the missing parts. Do they work with canti or V-brake levers? Any oppinions about them?
Currently I have Paul Motolite Z that I am pretty happy with, just wanted to have something different :)

wooly pluto":fm56zih4 said:
Hi, awesome bike, really!!!
I have a set of these Paul Cross Stop for one wheel (unfortunately some bits ar missing, rest is NOS) - and I wonder whether they work before I start to arrange the missing parts. Do they work with canti or V-brake levers? Any oppinions about them?
Currently I have Paul Motolite Z that I am pretty happy with, just wanted to have something different :)

I managed to get the brakes working ok in the end - just a case of fiddling with the setup and cable angles etc.

Is it worth tracking down spares to replace a working set of Pauls? Not sure...

Thanks for reply about brakes, that seems like the same answer I got from Paul Enginnering when I contacted them soon after purchase of my cross-top incomplete set. They replied me that the best way to make them work is to install the Motolite-Z :LOL:
Nevertheless, they look cool :LOL:
By the way, I got my cross-top for about 5 quid as the seller was not very familiar with "P" sticker and thought It was some taiwanese rubbish.... Shimano sticker would have definitely made it more expensive :LOL: :LOL:

StarTREK":yj56jruk said:
Nice Yo Eddy John, but........... bad pics.

thanks. I'm no expert photographer like yourself but I didn't think they were so bad. Any suggestions :LOL:

John":192101gh said:
StarTREK":192101gh said:
Nice Yo Eddy John, but........... bad pics.

thanks. I'm no expert photographer like yourself but I didn't think they were so bad. Any suggestions :LOL:

If I'm doing bad pictures, I do holograms. :roll:
Truly beautiful work of art. ;)
I love Fat :D

If I'm doing bad pictures, I do holograms. Rolling Eyes
Truly beautiful work of art. Wink
I love Fat Very Happy

I'm lost.....

Dhphat":2pepq9kq said:
I love this bike. The cross stop really makes it.

The crosstop was out of neccessity. The fork steerer was too short to run a cable hanger. It had to be a ringle / king / pauls front end so crosstop it was
:cool:

John":11y3md1l said:
Dhphat":11y3md1l said:
I love this bike. The cross stop really makes it.

The crosstop was out of neccessity. The fork steerer was too short to run a cable hanger. It had to be a ringle / king / pauls front end so crosstop it was
:cool:

Well that situation makes for a nice excuse to get some great anno bits! Your lucky the situation provided you w/ justifiaction. I wish i was so lucky?

thats looking nice :D , certainly the brakes are an improvement over the original alivios that the german & french forums took the pi$$ out of when you first built it up :LOL: :D

so I guess you;re on the look out for a larger frame given that this 1s blatently too small for you? with that saddle to stem position change all your need is some tri bars ;) :LOL:

Back