Summer Frolics Caithness

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Not much in the way of challenging single track, but great camping and super vibes!

Hoping to do better than last time I put an idea forward here, and actually get it worked out.

I can provide transport for eight or so plus bikes and kit from Inverness north, and provide some bikes, tents and kayaks for anyone from further afield if they let me know requirements in advance.

Camping at Dunnet Sands, water sports and rides around the area, and a good chill camp fire going on.

Already fielding interest from another site, so get in there! Hotel rooms for the weak willed.

15 places left as of now, all free subject to some commitment to put in in some way and throw in on fuel/actual costs.

Very cheap!

Approx dates? I've got a bit on this summer what with guests arriving from overseas for indeterminate stays, but sounds like fun.

Sounds like a good idea :)
Bit of a dodgy area but I might be able to get there.
Any ideas of dates for this one?

Jamie

Re:

I like Caithness having spent many summers as a teenager in an estate cottage near Thrumster and going fishing every evening. Got me first duck there too. Ah the sound of Curlew over the moors.........

Interested if I can combine a trip to Morven and Scaraben too :D

Re:

My view is August for the weather, but September for the hills thanks to the insects.

Throw in with any views and that could be a plan.

Re:

Any dates forthcoming yet? I'm trying to sort out summer activities and the diary is starting to fill up................... :cool:

Re:

I am preferable for early September. I would prefer to drop off some kayaks prior to the event, in order to free up space. If Jamie is up for it, I would liase with him and Epi to make sure there are 12 people with bikes and enough interesting things for a two day event. After all the years of the north being neglected, I reckon it would be about time to look at what it has to offer.

The hillwalking appeals to me as well, and if Panda is up to planning that we have some sort of plan.

I just don't want it to go down the toilet like so many plans on here. It could be 'epic'..

Latest posts

Back