Save our woods!!

crankhead

Retro Guru
Afternoon all, TFI Friday..

Just a request for anyone's support re: a local issue. The government has seen fit for up to 1350 houses & utility buildings (Tescos..) to be built on greenfield land just off Titnore Lane, Worthing. Only trouble is it involves destroying a large area of ancient woodland, home to several protected species and hedgerows etc which are unique and irreplaceable.

There has been a protest site (lots of people living in trees!) for the past 2 years, trying to halt the destruction, and due to their dedication, Titnore Woods still exists..

If anyone would be willing to sign a petition to the goverment with an aim to stop this madness (seeming as there are already hundreds of empty properties, and we already have 3 Tescos, in the area) please could you sign at the address below... Government? Greedy.. Many thanks y'all ;)

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/TitnoreWoods/

Wish I could support this.... but I'm Dutch and not allowed to sign the petition :cry:
Good luck :!:

Just signed this,what a joke this country is becoming.Exercise more,cut obesity,just dont do it where Tesco want to be and where the Goverment want to concrete over.So much for encouraging cycling as an lternative means of transport.We have a cycle lane in Dereham now,about 10 seconds worth at a normal cycling speed!Cheers,Mr Brown! :twisted: :twisted:

it says it has to be signed by 9th of October?

Or have I missed something :oops:

Back