Yeti Pro FRO

Loungekabouter":o010txjk said:
You can see, I'm curious to see some progress here ;-)

:D

It seems that I'm not the only impatient one on here.. ;)

Here are some crappy :oops: phone pics, taken in the man cave last night.

p5pb14421732.jpg
p5pb14430368.jpg

Even though I like the new Taperlites :cool: , I also tried the set of white ones I have (which are in way poorer condition than the fluoros), just to see how that matches with the forks and Turbo saddle.

Then I need to finish cabling and find a solution for the front brake, for which I don't have a stop yet. So it'll probably be a while until the first (better quality) outside pictures will appear!

You all have a great weekend too!

Re:

The bike is more or less done, so I took it for a first introductory spin around the block this afternoon; the weather is lovely!

p5pb14469877.jpg

p5pb14469891.jpg
p5pb14469897.jpg

p5pb14469881.jpg

Still got to dot some i's and cross some t's: cutting cable ends and capping them, find a top cap, tighten a last bolt and work out the perfect saddle height.

Can't wait for spring to begin, with those lenghtening evenings that are ideal for a nice pre-bedtime ride..

Thanks for watching :D !

Re:

Here's an update :cool:..:

As I'm planning to go round the 1991 Grundig World Cup track (8.5 km, 230 altimeters) in Groesbeek a couple of times next week, I decided to exchange the steel AccuTrax forks with a set of elastomer-loaded Manitou 3's..
Luckily, the retroride organized during the event is a fun thing and not competitive (or that's what I like to believe), as I don't feel fully confident on the bike yet :? .
The forks already compress somewhat during normal riding, probably due to the age of the elastomers (that look good, BTW). Guess I'll have another -more serious- testrun somewhere this week.

p5pb14845713.jpg

I'll report back in a week (that is, if I survive :LOL: .Maybe I should just take the DEAN..).

Awesome !!!

Looking great. However the white accu trax did look better !

And hopefully the M3 has springs and no old elastomer bumpers -)

Cheers
Jeroen

Back