Ultegra 6700 Left back brake gear lever

tinker

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As in description I'm in need of a rear Integra 6700 brake lever as the ratchet mechanism no longer works on my front 2 gears and needs to be replaced can anyone help,

Re: Ultegra 6800 or 6700 left brake gear lever

You need to make sure which one is it that you need, in order to match the RH lever, as they are quite different in shape and the front derailleurs aren't mutally compatible either.

P.S. Try washing it out with WD40 - it may help unless something has broken.

Hope this helps, Nikica.

Ultegra

I have tried cleaning but to no joy as something has broken I shall take a picture and post it as soon as I can and try find the actual model number it's basically replacement for me to go ahead and sell the bike which is a Cannondale synopsis 2013 model good shape apart from Minor scuffs and scrapes from where my brother had slipped and falling from it, it's a small frame not sure the exact size but all in all it is a very good bike and impressively light I would like to keep it for myself but money issues force me to part with it. Thank you all 4 your help so far..
Yours Tinker.

Model designation should be under the hoods but just do a Google Image Search and you will easily figure out which ones have you got on the bike at the moment ;).

It is the ultegra 6700 I have and it's the left hand side one that needs replacing does anybody have any spare ones they don't need please or maybe a pair hopefully not too expensive thanks

tinker":1gboxjgp said:
It is the ultegra 6700 I have and it's the right hand side one that needs replacing does anybody have any spare ones they don't need please or maybe a pair hopefully not too expensive thanks
This post says you need the right hand one, which works the rear mech. Your opening post says you need the front one, which is the left one. Which one is it you want? .... not that I have anything, just trying to clarify.

Re: Ultegra 6700 right front brake gear lever

To clarify it is the front left hand side brake gear lever that I need replacing that operates the front gears

Re:

OK, I understand, but either lever can operate either brake, that is down to preference. But the right hand one must operate the rear gear, the left one must operate the front gear.

Back