Please help ID this frame

soda17

Retro Newbie
Dear all,

I'd like to ask for your help to ID the alloy frame below. Bought it of ebay for the AMP F2 fork it came with. Also came with old Maguras and and '94/'95 XT. First I thought the frame might be an old Cannodale F or M frame, but the cable-guides and internal routing looks different. I am sure I have seen it before, but are unable to identify it.
Would be great if you could help me out.
Many thanks already!

Attachments

• frame 6.jpg
    frame 6.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 742
  • frame 5.jpg
    frame 5.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 742
  • frame 4.jpg
    frame 4.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 742
  • frame 3.jpg
    frame 3.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 742
  • frame 2.jpg
    frame 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 742
  • frame 1.jpg
    frame 1.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 742
Re:

hi not a bad find, in my personal opinion it looks very much like a giant cadex or some sort of trek. the giant cadexs were usually purple and a champagne colour. the rear dropouts on the cadexs were set up very similar to the frame you have there

Re:

Very nice find.
At first glance i thought it was a carbon Mongoose IBOC but those rear dropouts shout Giant Cadex but they had carbon tubes and alloy lugs.
Interesting!

That's a strange one. It has all the hallmarks of a carbon frame, but alloy. Cadex frames were also made in alloy, but we're lugged and I don't think that by the time they were making all in one carbon frames, they were doing alloy ones. Iirc, the cadex I had had giant logo stamped in the drop out.

Saracen did something aluminium with those smoothed over welds in the late nineties if my memory of a catalogue I had is accurate.

Re:

Thank you all! Very interesting suggestions from you guys. Did some further research, but I couldn't find a matching Cadex or Saracen. As ishaw wrote, it has all the hallmarks of a cabon frame, very much like the Gary Fisher Supercaliber, but alloy.
158751d1145448803-fisher-oclv-help-35_3.jpg

Also, the integrated seat clamp and the peculiar cable holders are still puzzling.
I will have the paint stripped off - this might help to identify the frame.
Thanks again!

The Gary Fisher is close in the fact its aluminium and smooth welded. Everything else is completely different to your frame - detachable drop outs, riveted cable stops and so-on.

I would look to it being from around 1993 to 1995 as it looks like a cable stop has been removed from the rear wishbone.

Those drop-outs were used by a few companies but its not really an immediate indentifier

Re:

Hi

saw few of them from mid to late '90, they were imported to Poland just as frames to self-building
They were maded in Taiwan and non-branded
Carbon look maded from alloy (from memory glued, not welded - similar to constructions with alloy lugs and carbon tubes - but here tubes were also alloy)
Quite interesting and not very popular frame, so nice find!

Back