Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tiboltrider

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello everone. My dog's having her first period! She's a little terrier. The kitchen is starting to look like a crime scene. How long will it last for? Cheers!

Attachments

• Image000(1).jpg
    Image000(1).jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,300
From what I remember of our last bitch it is about 14 days.. keep her on a lead and politely ask the owners of other dogs to keep away otherwise....

. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .

`The patter of little paws might happen ,,,

Hi Dipsy. Ace, thanks for that. It's funny how quiet and chilled out she's gone. How come humans go the other way? :?

Our Great Dane girl goes quiet too when she's in season, prolly just one of those things.
You might laugh at this but we use Tenalady incontinence pants on her, saves a whole lot of mess, just cut a hole for the tail and she's good to go! Don't think they do them small enough for your terrier though.
We're getting her done in dec, have to wait a while after her season is over to let the blood vessels go down again. Its purely to minimise blood loss during what will be a major op for her.

not quite the same thing but u had max done in a attempt to calm him down (didnt work too well lol)
there are people who think if your not going to breed them that they shouldbe done but i think its down to choice
also of note bitches once done can dribble pee ALOT (only happens in 10% of cases but worth bearing in mind esp if she is easy excited)

rob

Thanks CSD and ROB (MAX). Think I'll see how it goes, but glad she's not as big as either of your dogs!!! :D

We also had our 17 month old boy Dane done when he was quite young, its kept him quite puppyish temperament-wise. He's a big mofo now though! about 11 1/2 stone and 38 inches tall (to his shoulder)! :cool:

csd_19":3lswavg2 said:
We also had our 17 month old boy Dane done when he was quite young, its kept him quite puppyish temperament-wise. He's a big mofo now though! about 11 1/2 stone and 38 inches tall (to his shoulder)! :cool:

i have found that with max he is still very puppy (playfull/testy/sulks ;) ) in his actions (even tho he is now 13 months) but then i am told rottie,s mature very slowly
he is now 48 kilo,s but then he shouldnt get to more than 55kilo,s when fully grown (if he stays in shape thats his maximum target weight)

rob

The sooner you get her done the better, unless you're breeding her of course! It's far less traumatic for a younger dog, plus there are possible problems if you don't get her done and don't breed her - phantom pregancies and cancer are two biggies, and also there's that crime scene you were talking about every so often......

Back