Window tinting and Security film

I considered tinting the X3. And fitting some 22" spinners!

Be keen to see a price.

window tinting

Ahhh it's Liam.....thought I recognised the company name....we met at the Peaks Meet....I was the fat unfit bloke at the back most of the day

That doesn't narrow it down much! :LOL:

window tinting

Ok, a few questions to answer. P20 you are spot on with the law on light transmission. Forget tinting the windscreen, if you had an accident your insurance would be void. As for the front sides, they indeed need to transmit 70% of light. However, the lightest film we stock is 70% and that is barely noticable on the vehicle, and not only that but combined with the factory tint in the glass which can easily be 75% already you could still be below the legal light transmission. So to be safe, and to keep it strictly legal we dont recommend any film other than clear security/anti-vandal film on the fronts. To which the normal reply is ' ah f*ck it, just do them as dark as possible'.

£130 is a reasonable price for a 3 dr Ibiza. I'd be asking a few question first though. What film do they use? You can buy kits from Auto suppliers for £20.00 a roll, or the 3M film we use at £355.00 a roll. A warranty is worth nothing if they aren't autherised dealer. Does it have a manufacturer warranty and a certificate supplied when the car is returned?

We work closely with the manufacturer and have regular training in tinting, but also safe panel removal. It is very easy to wreck the ecu when you remove the panels that house airbags, or wipe out the electrics when water has been sprayed all over the parcel shelf on a saloon. Which leads me onto my next point. Are they insured? There was a tinting company in the Midlands that recently got taken to court and shut down because he caused over £5k damage when he drowned a brand new Range Rovers electrics whilst tinting the rear windows, and guess what, no insurance. We have the right tools to strip all makes safely, and with over 5000 cars on our books it's safe to say we're experienced by now.

So a cheap quote may sound great at the time, but bearing in mind all the things that can go wrong, it might be worth payin that little bit more for peach of mind. Having said that, if enough of you sign up you will get a really good deal anyway. Anyone who wants a quote, call me on 01455 847329 as each car will pricedbe differently depending on personal requirements.

Is there an easy way of finding out just what % our cars tints are already :?: Does it have that info on the glass :?:
I wanted mine the same all round ;) But legal.

Re: window tinting

slinky182":2yv5aslf said:
Ahhh it's Liam.....thought I recognised the company name....we met at the Peaks Meet....I was the fat unfit bloke at the back most of the day

That doesn't narrow it down much! :LOL:

i mean RIGHT at the back :oops: :roll:

We spoke about Turbo Trainers outside the B&B...

window tinting

Is there an easy way of finding out just what % our cars tints are already Does it have that info on the glass
I wanted mine the same all round But legal.

On an estate what we would normally do is graduate the tint light-medium-dark/darker and this blends in really well on most cars without having an obvious difference in shades. The darker you go on the rears, the darker the car will be on the inside, so you can get away with a lighter film on the front glass and still achieve the same appearance as a darker film.

window tinting

Question is, what does 70% equate to in terms of medium, dark and Limo

Don't mind getting my car done but it needs to look even and I don't want my ass pulled regularly cos it's too dark either.

Neil, 70% is a very light tint. I personally wouldn't bother although the benefits, ie solar/UV rejection, crash protection ect are vertually the same as on the darker films.

If I was going to tint the fronts I'd have 50% so at least you can see the difference This is below the legal limit though so you would be taking your chances with the law.

LIGHT MEDIUM DARK LIMO
70 60 50 40 30 20 10 5 2.5 %

Re: atb

slinky182":uojl2med said:
i mean RIGHT at the back

We spoke about Turbo Trainers outside the B&B...

I remember now! Are you coming on the Forest of Dean meet?

Nope, broken rib currently :oops: :cry:

Turbo Trainer is cool though, I've lost nearly a stone since the Peaks meet and my CV is much much better....thanks for the tips ;)

window tinting

Nope, broken rib currently

Turbo Trainer is cool though, I've lost nearly a stone since the Peaks meet and my CV is much much better....thanks for the tips

Nice going! If you look on the Torq website there are loads of great fitness tips

Back