alpinestar's Alpine LX

goodas12003

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all, new on here. Thought id share my ride with you. Nowt expensive as it's just my ponce about on bike. I have a Alpinestar's Alu-mega frame in the post to me so would love some input and opinion on it as i shall stick some piccie's of it on here when it arrive's. I know some of you have already done some of these bike's up and that is were my inspiration come's from. Regard's Dave. :D

Attachments

• alpinestars small.jpg
    alpinestars small.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,711
Now that is very, very nice.

What's the aluminium one you've got in the post (the light blue 1992 al-mega off ebay by chance)?

That's the one! To be honest it was your bike's that got me looking at them. They are certainly different to the norm! The fella is supposed to have posted it to me now so i expect to get it anytime now. Not quite sure which way i'll go with it cos as usual money, budget's blah blah, but i'll keep update's on here for people's opinion's and help. I know the first step is going to be organising some sort of rigid fork for it as they are 1" 1/4 so that should be fun!! Cheer's Dave.

I have some original forks for it but they are the steel ones off the cro-mega. Try asking on the wanted forum for some. I know some people have used cannondale rigids on them also. Alternatively you could drop it to 1 1/8" using a chris king 1.25-1.125 devolution headset (pricey new mind), this will make forks and stems easier to source.

For cheap thrills polish it back to alloy like the al-mega XTR (see the scans forum) or powder coat cobalt blue (al-mega DX)/ gloss black (al-mega XT) usually costs around £40 per frame and forks.

Think you got the frame for a very nice price too, i'd sell off/swap the extras to recoup your outgoings/get period parts. If your on a budget plan your build to the component otherwise you'll end up with loads of stuff you won't use. A donor bike might be worth thinking about too (ie a £100 bike with full DX/XT, take what you need and then recoup your money by selling off/swapping the frame and other bits you don't require).

Let us know how you get on.

Back