RPotM January 2017 - POLL NOW OPEN! Please VOTE!

RPotM January 2017

• vcballbat

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • stevelawson

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
RPotM January 2017

A lean month this month but thanks to vcballbat and stevelawson for entering. It's much appreciated :)

Usual rules for the poll, It will run for 5 days with the winner announced after voting has closed, results will stay hidden until then. 1 Vote per member.

vcballbat
vcballbat by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

stevelawson - Dawes
SteveLawson_Dawes by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Hello Jamie,

Thanks for keeping this competition alive, even when the number of entries is low.

I almost entered the contest, until I realized that my favorite image from this winter was one in which I was riding, and someone else had taken the picture. I looked for rules in the Wiki, but didn't find any relevant to this situation.

I understand that it would be wrong to use someone else's image without permission, but with their blessing and credit given where due, could I enter a picture of me riding taken by someone else?

Your time and attention to this detail is appreciated.

Cheers,
The Kid

Hi thekidmalone
Apologies for the late reply, as I have only just noticed your post.
Though I do notice it was posted after the entries had closed and with this being the poll, it automatically means the entries have been closed for this month.
A general rule is that it is fine if someone else had taken the picture, especially if the picture is of yourself or of your bike. As clearly you have some usage rights. If it was just a picture of say, winter, without you in it, then that would really be someone else's picture , that you happened to like.
As a rule though if it is someone else's picture then permission should always be sought to use it, as this is an open public webspace.
remember you can always enter it in the RBotM comp along with a profile shot, it's always nice to have one of the two photos being a profile view and the other being a shot of the machine in use out in the real world :)
New comp will open later tonight :)

Jamie

Many Congratulations to Stevelawson on taking out this months RPotM competition for January!
Your banner for your avatar will be sorted soon :)

Thanks to all for entering, voting and generally supporting the competition.

Jamie

Back