"A Look Inside Second Spin Cycles’ Vintage MTB Collection"

stef_r

Dirt Disciple
A Look Inside Second Spin Cycles’ Vintage MTB Collection by the Radavist shows some nice detail of his collection. More bike pics would be posted tomorrow..

https://theradavist.com/2017/01/a-look- ... ollection/

SecondSpin-1-1335x890.jpg

good article, look forward to part 2 with a bit more interview. would be great to hear about how come he has 10% of Manitou frames and see what his bike list is like. I find myself in a similar vein, I do collect and restore bikes I want, and yes it is just that I want them, but I only go for bikes I will ride. I don't really understand collecting to do the garage queen thing, ride em if you can. altho once you get to a certain number of bikes some wont be ridden very much, haha.

Re:

Afraid we didn't do much of an interview. There will be some follow ups, but I'm not sure I have much to say that would be worthwhile writing.

I could work up a bike list, but things get blurry between my bikes and SSC bikes. But the short list is:

83 Mantis XCR
86 Yeti FRO
87 Elevated Manitou
87 Mantis Valkyrie
89 Merlin Ti
89 Yeti C-26
90 Manitou HT
91 Grove Assault
91 Yeti ARC ex Juli Furtado
91 Grove Hard Core
91 Manitou FS
92 Cunningham
92 Yeti ARC
93 Adroit Team Storm
94 Adroit Painted Desert
94 Yeti Lawwill DH Prototype
97 WTB Ti Phoenix Prototype

Plus some other stuff in the works here and there.

Last year I bought all of Doug Bradbury's left over inventory and in addition to a few I already had I ended up with roughly 25-30 Manitou bikes/frames.

Back