Modern Seiko Divers

Thanks guys. The Pogue sits in a case rather than on my wrist most of the time. The colour...well...stands out. Prefer my modded diver as my daily...and the great thing about Seiko divers is they look great on skinny wrists, which a lot of divers don't. I've got matchstick thin 6 1/2 inch wrists and the SK looks great.

I got lucky with the Kakume because I got it cheap because the glass was heavily scratched. £10 NOS glass and a £5 fit and regulation by Time Repairs in Chadderton and it was losing a few seconds a week. It's rare you get one within a minute a day.

As Fudd said, it's notoriously hard to find a fully original 70s/80s 6138/6139 and most of them a b@stards of some type. Original bracelets are even harder to get hold of, and the reproductions are extremely hit and miss.

Fudd, is that an original H link on yours?

PabloRoberts":5ofuq3ob said:
Fudd, is that an original H link on yours?

I believe it is although I don't have another to compare it to.

I bought my Pogue about a year ago listed as working but stops so took a punt on it with the intention of servicing and then selling it. Once I opened it up I discovered a catalogue of errors including the wrong crystal gasket, missing dial/movement ring and a 6139A chronograph bridge and minute wheel fitted to the 6139B movement. I lost interest in it and put it in the drawer until recently when an all aftermarket example came up cheap on one of the forums, so I took another punt on that one to use as a donor watch. Thankfully it was in better shape with the only issues being the aftermarket dial, hands and inner bezel and it came with the bracelet pictured which was a bonus. The only thing left to do now is to change the minute chrono hand for the correct tear drop shaped one which it came with but was painted yellow for some reason.

I'm planning to source the rest of the parts needed for the donor watch and then I'm going to fit it with a white a/m dial and inner bezel. I've seen this mod done before and it looks pretty cool imo. Obviously I'd prefer to get it in original condition but dials etc are impossible to find.

Re:

My collection so far. I just need a standard SKX007 to use when I'm working away and then it's finished.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 3,701
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 3,701
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 3,701
Re:

I have several Seiko divers watches; bought a PADI Turtle Watch last year, and have a Sports 100 (still immaculate) bought new for my 18th Birthday - a few years ago now !

Pics if you wish.

Jon.

Re:

I have a collection of Seiko watches (I've collecting watches and on the watch forums for years), predominately divers, some modern, but a lot retro!

MM

Turtle

Mini Tuna LE

Some of the retro gang (odd non Seiko)

These are my two..modded..quality

Thanks

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4980.JPG
    IMG_4980.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 3,683
  • IMG_4981.JPG
    IMG_4981.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 3,683
  • IMG_4991.JPG
    IMG_4991.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 3,683
Any moders out there know where to get a good quality reproduction ScubaPro dial from? Would love an SKX with this dial mod.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 3,676
Gerard":19olekqc said:
I have a collection of Seiko watches (I've collecting watches and on the watch forums for years), predominately divers, some modern, but a lot retro!

Some of the retro gang (odd non Seiko)

Nice collection there Gerard and I like how you've went for the 6105-8000 rather than the more popular 6105-8110. People rave over the 8110 being as it's the watch Martin Sheen wore in Apocalypse Now and all that but I'm in the minority who prefer the case shape of the previous version. I've never owned one and I doubt I ever will seeing how the prices have risen in the last few years but I've handled more than a few of both types. This is the last one I had the 'pleasure' of working on - http://wristsushi.proboards.com/thread/ ... iver-happy

Dale cannon":19olekqc said:
Any moders out there know where to get a good quality reproduction ScubaPro dial from? Would love an SKX with this dial mod.

If you must then MountapoMerchant on ebay sells them, but please don't as they are just a fake of a dial that was only ever fitted to a 6306 and in very limited numbers. Replacing a genuine SKX007 dial for one of these is sacrilege in my eyes and will only cheapen what is one of the most iconic divers watches out there, sorry.
It's not a straightforward swap either as you have to remove the locating pins on the back of the dial (the Scubapro dials are for 6306/9 fitment) and secure it with double sided tape or dial dots, then you have to remove a tab a 2 o'clock which fits into a cut-out on the 6306/9 chapter ring which SKX's don't have. The dials all come from the same source in the Philippines as far as I'm aware and the quality isn't great with crap lume and poor printing when viewed up close. I guess its ok quality considering they only cost around £10 but I wouldn't swap one for a genuine SKX dial.

Loving the look of these watches, i have a hankering for a square face watch ,did seiko do anything worth getting ?Or any other recomendations would be good..

Back