Lost in translation? (CD-Mp3 ripping niggle)

jim-laden

Retro Guru
Ripped a mix CD to Mp3 with media player, no probs there except for the slight pause during transition from track to track when played back on my player.

This of course ruins the seamless "flow" of the album and makes it unlistenable!!!

Any way of tagging the tracks so they are treated as a continuous recording?

Cheers Jim

Not sure about media player, but with iTunes you can alter the options of tracks and make them 'gapless'.

I know nero has a default 2sec gap between tracks unless you remove it. It does make things sound odd :?

What are you using to play the tracks back? an mp3 player of do you mean windows media player? Are you using WMP 11? 10 works fine for me. Try turning off any plugins you have on WMP.

You can rip a whole CD to a single file and then the gaps will not be present but you lose the track information unless you use a .cue file to play it.

try reading this too, for itunes info.

http://blog.wired.com/music/2006/07/rip ... thout.html

psyclone1976":2xr3lul1 said:
What are you using to play the tracks back? an mp3 player of do you mean windows media player? Are you using WMP 11? 10 works fine for me.

Using a Sony NWZ 818 Mp3 player. Think I'm running latest version of WMP with no plugin running (that I'm aware of!!!).

Will have a go with i tunes and see what happens.

Cheers for ideas guys.

Laters Jim

In iTunes you will need to select the track(s) and right click to 'get info', under 'options' select 'part of a gapless album'

Done a little more research and it seems that my player doesn't support gapless playback.....WTF!!!!

All down to the firmware and not the way the album is encoded/tagged apparantly.

Thanks Sony.

Should have got an i-Pod me thinks!!

Back