just an idea being thrown out here: Yorkshire Pace meet

This is begening to sound like a plan :)

Not really sure what kind of responce you would get from Adrian and Co. you would expect "warm open arms" but think they kind of look at the future rather than the past :cry:

New unit at Wykeham doesn't have the feel of the old factory and that is now starting to look rather run down and empty, most of the machinery has now been moved out and there hasn't been any production work in there for over 4-5 months now. Maybe we could have a guided tour of Fork English's Shed :)

It has been suggested locally be various people that there should be a Pace meet in Dalby, "Yeti Tribe" style but it has never got off the ground for one reason or another.

Think with the enthusiasm of various members it could get off the ground this time, just avoid the 6&7th June!

June would be out for me- I'm under house arrest as it is the month of my annual pilgrimage to Le Sarthe to watch cars go round in circles for 24hours :p
Looking forward to this, should be good to see all those square tubes in one place.
Has Adrian kept any of the early bikes?

Si

Hey there Gil, I hear that you like to single speed at Dalby. What would be the ratio that's most suitable for there? Or gear inches if you like.

Ta
Steve

That would be telling with the British champs being staged there next year :D

Used to run 33:17 on my 29'er but legs are getting tired after the Napa course, so now on 32:18 ~ Other guys ride standard 32:16 on there 26" wheels

Ideal riding in Dalby, no big hills and all pretty flowey if you know where the lines are ;)

Dr S":4jrq1mgx said:
J

Si

Ironic thing is he almost has a full set in the dead store along with various other parts we won't talk about, Downhill bikes, lovely RC100's odd RC200's and more forks than you care to imagine

Sad thing is he almost sees it as old junk, one day it will just all get binned :cry:

gil_m":1dh3ag81 said:
Dr S":1dh3ag81 said:
J

Si

Ironic thing is he almost has a full set in the dead store along with various other parts we won't talk about, Downhill bikes, lovely RC100's odd RC200's and more forks than you care to imagine

Sad thing is he almost sees it as old junk, one day it will just all get binned :cry:

Packing tent now to take up residence next to the bins behind the new Factory :LOL:

Would love that purple downhill bike they had- so cool :cool:

Do you think they have any of the hose clips left over in the dead room??

Si

I'm thinking of packing it all in, and becoming a scrapman in scarborough (specializing in the disposal of high grade aluminium of course!)

gil_m":8v68ezpi said:
That would be telling with the British champs being staged there next year :D

Used to run 33:17 on my 29'er but legs are getting tired after the Napa course, so now on 32:18 ~ Other guys ride standard 32:16 on there 26" wheels

Ideal riding in Dalby, no big hills and all pretty flowey if you know where the lines are ;)

Thanks Gil.

Back