A road related 'whats it worth question'

Fenton

Senior Retro Guru
Hello guys,

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I have some road wheels that I have never used and as wondering what I should ask for them if I should decide to let them go.....

They are Campagnolo Omega hardox rims (for tubular tyres, front is new, rear is very very slightly used) on road spaced screw-on Ringle bubba hubz (unmarked and new looking)

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!
Thanks in advance!

The hubs will be valuable for the current fixie fad, but the problem with Tub rims is that they only appeal to the keenies who will probably buy new stuff.

If you ebay the hubs be sure to put FIXIE and FIXED in the description!

hamster":1t1g6kul said:
The hubs will be valuable for the current fixie fad
but surely would need to be re-dished, & have no lock ring thread so cog has to be 'rotafixed' (newbs beware!)
Sound nice though.

Really appreciate the tips chaps, sorry for my ignorance but what is "rotafix"? I wasn't sure if these could be used for an ss or fixie as surely the cog would be too far over to the left to achieve a decent chain line? is some sort of spacer avaliable? Thanks again!

Fenton":1pxdq1t3 said:
I wasn't sure if these could be used for an ss or fixie as surely the cog would be too far over to the left to achieve a decent chain line?

Thats what I meant about having to re-dish, it can't easily be done with spacers. Good link One-eyed, I have re-dished & rotafixed trash wheels before but its a time vs. money thing really. (I did use a welded up free-hub once, doesn't need re-dish but different hub type, sorry for rambling.)

Back