FS: Kona Hei Hei

younggeoff

Retro Guru
For Sale a 1997 Kona Hei Hei. Not sure of the size. Seat-tube is 20" but according to the Kona Catalkog as it has a 23.5" effective top tube it's a 19". Anyway it's in very good condition (please see photo's) it'll take a 100mm fork.

£450 posted.

Attachments

• Hei Hei Driveside.jpg
    Hei Hei Driveside.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,865
  • Hei Hei Nondrive.jpg
    Hei Hei Nondrive.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,865
  • Hei Hei Frame Size.jpg
    Hei Hei Frame Size.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2,865
  • Hei Hei Headtube.jpg
    Hei Hei Headtube.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,865
I could prolly squeeze into this.....but kinda goes against my Kona thing...still pondering.....may be a touch large..hmmm..... :?

hei hei

The frame doesn't ride as large as it loks (if that makes any sense) I'm 6ft 1 with 35 inside leg and it didn't feel cumbersome at all.

The head tube length and seat tube length (5.9") match up with a 20" frame, but that should mean a 24" effective top tube for this Hei Hei....

Maybe its worth checking the effective measurement again. In the past I've drawn out the geometric centrelines on a desk to confirm the effective top tube length of some frames. If you work with a 71deg head angle and 73deg seat angle from a reference hoziontal line you should be able to confirm the eff top tube without doubt. It may just be that the frame was made with a shorter top tube for someone(?)...

In the end it probably won't matter much as the frame is obviously going to suit taller person.

Anyway...

I take it the stickers are new from previous comments about the powder blue ones underneath. Are you also able to tell me the frame number?

Cheers

Andrew

Back