hi - is this any good?

Re:

Miss-mash of parts, dent, re-spray all detract from a premium price. Bikes with full XTR M900 have been on the For Sale pages here for under £400.

SP

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222365185707? ... EBIDX%3AIT

oh, now i'm on the hunt - perhaps ebay not the best place...I like the look of this, but know nothing about suspension, just want a decent bike to tool around on pathways, but small is beautiful for me...Any opinions on this one?
(Perhaps I should enquire on MTB wanteds...but this only has short time left & is close to me...panicking perhaps?)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

That's probably about right, price wise, but then again if it had started at £50 at auction, you may have got it for less, who knows.

Let's just say, many of us on here have struggled to practically give bikes away the last few months, I think with a bit of patience on your part, you could get an absolute bargain on here, or possibly from somewhere like Gumtree, where the seller has no knowledge of retro bikes (I've had some fantastic buys when people's kids have gone to Uni and they're clearing out the shed, for instance - 'my son's old bike, he doesn't use it any more....')

Re:

Slow down a bit.The old saying buy in haste regret at leasure holds well when it comes to bikes.Sure you have got to get a move on when the right thing comes along but when you have to ask if something is any good then perhaps a bit more research before spending your hard earned cash. Nothing worse than that sinking feeling when you realise you have got it wrong.best of luck
Peter

Thanks for that, ringo...it is lovely indeed. The only problem is that it will have to live outside/in a cold garage, so alloy frame will be the way to go...I probably won't ride very often, (unless I get sucked into the MTB scene) so it will have to be able to sit for times without attention. I keep finding myself drawn to the Specialized Rockhopper bikes (pref without f/suspension)...Will put ad up in MTB wanteds.

Latest posts

Back