-sold- 1997 Santa Cruz Tazmon II

Remko

Senior Retro Guru
A few months ago I´ve bought this Santa Cruz Tazmon II from the first owner. After replacing the forks, the headset and the rear shock my plan was to ride it. But I´ve got more bikes. And to be honest, the landscape here is totally flat and doesn´t do justice to a fully. I knew that before I bought it but I just had to have it. But I have limited space here at home so I'm offering it again.

In 1995 MountainBike Action rated this bike 8.5/10 for xc abilities and 8/10 for downhill racing:
"Most impressive of all was the Tazmon's solid feel and nimble handling quality. The design is well executed and construction is tops throughout. As monoshock designs go, the Tazmon is tops."

Originally it had the Risse Racing damper mounted. The Risse damper had a third mounting point. The mounting consisted of a clamp and a excentric bolt. When I bought the bike it had a RockShox SID damper mounted. Since the SID had a leaking negative airchamber I've replaced it with a Fox Float R damper. I have got the clamp to mount the Risse damper and use the third mounting point. But my advise is to just use the bike 'as is', so with the Fox damper.

The frame is in very good condition. I rode it once, and it looks like the original owner was a carefull owner. It´s Tazmon number 52 from 1997. It's built from 6061 T6 tubing. The colour is blue. Santa Cruz offered a clear blue finish as an option. It's great looking.
Only point of attention is the threading of the rear mech hanger. It's fine, but you need to mount the mech with some attention. It's not the reason I'm selling the frame.

I'm offering the bike as following:
- Santa Cruz Tazmon II in 20 inch frame (vgc)
- Cane Creek 40-series headset (new)
- Fox Float R rear damper (vgc), mounted with a Fox 5-piece flanged bushing kit (new)
- Controltech seatpost 26.8 mm (vgc)
- Controltech stem (gc)
- XT front and rear mech (vgc)

Price: 425 pound
Postage: 15 pound
Dibs here please, rest via pm.

Not included in the sale but can be included if you like them:
- Marzocchi Bomber Atom 80 forks
- Syncros handlebars + grips + XT shifters + Avid brakelevers
- Ritchey v brakes
- Dura Ace Bottom bracket

Thanks,
Remko

Attachments

• 20170106_103827.jpg
    20170106_103827.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 2,192
  • 20170106_103936.jpg
    20170106_103936.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 2,191
  • 20170106_104016.jpg
    20170106_104016.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 2,190
  • 20170106_104037.jpg
    20170106_104037.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 2,191
Re:

Lovely frame... Might I be able to purchase the clamp for the Risse Damper please...

I have a Tazmon hanging in the garage (complete with Risse shock) that is missing said clamp!

Here's hoping... Rich :D :D

Re: Re:

ringo":2vdyne4n said:
Lovely frame... Might I be able to purchase the clamp for the Risse Damper please...

I have a Tazmon hanging in the garage (complete with Risse shock) that is missing said clamp!

Here's hoping... Rich :D :D

So, a combination of our stock would make at least one fully original Tazmon :cool: If a possible buyer is not interested in the clamp, you can have it ofcourse. But first I'm going to sell the frame. Thanks.

Re:

So, a combination of our stock would make at least one fully original Tazmon :cool: If a possible buyer is not interested in the clamp, you can have it ofcourse. But first I'm going to sell the frame. Thanks.

Can't say fairer than that! GLWS - it's a belter!

Re:

Saturday night bump :cool:

Trades considered by the way.
I'm looking for a nice 20 - 21 inch titanium frame and a tit stem.
Preferrably Ibis/Litespeed/Merlin.
Or a nice 59-60 cm (center-top) quality road frame. Steel, alu, or tit.

Back