King Cyclocross

WOW!
That looks great Neil and if it rides half as nice as it looks then your onto a winner.
Great job and setup.

Jamie

Re:

Just for you Nick.

Front clearance is massive.

DSC_F0053_zpsm2jqwxxe.jpg

Rear clearance between the seat stays is massive, and through the chainstays is a little more limited it is probably wide enough to take a Gravel King 40. Not sure about some of the wider gravel tyre (tires) appearing in the US now though.

DSC_R0055_zps3jp6weq0.jpg

DSC_R0056_zpsgsyqnlfy.jpg

Re:

I've never set up a cx bike. Yet :facepalm:

Do the brakes normally look like that, set up? Seems a lot of cable

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":22qmguhj said:
Do the brakes normally look like that,
Mine do.

When I had them on a 26" bike, the straddle wires were much closer to the tyres, almost touching.

Re:

I think it's the design of the calipers that looks odd. I think old ones were horizontal at the top, angling down. These are more of an upside down design.

Looks like a great all round bike though. Ideal for HONC? Or will you be getting your BOLX out?! :shock: :shock:

Re:

They are much more powerful than older canti's and have really excellent modulation.

I've not ridden it yet, so I don't know about it's capabilities, it might be a HONC candidate, but it's fun to get my bright orange BOLX out in the countryside.

NeilM wrote:
but it's fun to get my bright orange BOLX out in the countryside.

Now that's not something you hear everyday :)

This machine is looking really smart and would probably get you a first or second row start in any local race based on looks alone :)

Jamie

Back