PACE RC100.- Finished with high res pics on page 9

The frames were originally wet paint, loads of it too, multicoat primer, then basecoat silver and then a few coats of laquer.
Interesting about the metalic finish on the flouro- the fork legs I have- and I'm presuming they still have original paint on them, have no trace of the metallic content. Maybe Andy can shed some light on this as he has mentioned the metallic earlier in this thread.

Cheers
Si

Hi,I test rode an RC100 back in 89 or 90 and am sure the yellow wasn't metallic.

I have a set of metallic yellow forks and stem and bullseys on F/N RC0154 early ones came with that finish as my older one has full on fluro yellow

I had 2 sets of the forks and stem steerer combo,the set you have Si i didnt touch and is the flat flouro yellow,the other set werent such good condition so i did them satin black but these had the slight orangy met flip to them,as whats been said the earlier bikes had these,retroking#1 will know these things.

Thinkin back I think it was the proto I tried out,so production ones may have been different,I know they were changing a few items from the proto built that were less than durable,can't remember what they were either though,first sign of old age,the memory goes...

Not much to report really- been busy at work. I finished the forks last
week.I managed to remove the original Reynolds stickers with a hot air gun and after carefully removing the old glue they went back on after the fork legs were powdercoated. Three coats of laquer over the top to keep them from peeling off and jobs a good un! So that's everything ready to build it back up. Frame is prepped for paint, I need to contact Gil about decals (I want to laquer over them) before I start painting. Also needing some hose clips for the top tube but then it's chocks away!

Watch this space.

Si

Hose guides may be a bitch to find Si,i tried for ages but found no new ones,you should be able to use the ones i gave you but will have to be small rivetted on in worst case scenario, early Cannondales used the same hose guides too mate.

andy.l":1bo1gon0 said:
Hose guides may be a bitch to find Si,i tried for ages but found no new ones,you should be able to use the ones i gave you but will have to be small rivetted on in worst case scenario, early Cannondales used the same hose guides too mate.

Did you send me some?? bloody postie must have kept them for the build he's doing that I'm funding.
Cannondale ones are available new but are the wrong colour but might have to do. Might eventually try to make some new ones in the correct colour. Im going to start painting the frame this aftenoon instead of doing proper work :LOL:

Back