MK7 Fiesta Zetec S SQ (Sound Quality) Car

Its finally in, soo pleased with it. its been bugging me for years lol.

Sadly the lower alcantara doesn't quite match as it was from a different company so looks like ill be trimming that bit again lol

Had new tyres fitted the other day my dad also added some shorter valves whilst he was fitting them.

I got the new conti premium contact 6 to try this time these are the replacement for the contisportcontact 5 and premium contact 5 as booth those are being phased out now. So far really liking them done about 100 miles on them so far.

Had new tyres fitted the other day my dad also added some shorter valves whilst he was fitting them.

I got the new conti premium contact 6 to try this time these are the replacement for the contisportcontact 5 and premium contact 5 as booth t

Another few things sorted ive had a few slowish crankings after a day of demoing etc, i didnt want to add extra weight with batterys so luckly my garage mate pointed me to one of these.

Its uses capacitive tec to take whats left of power from battery, boosts it after a few minutes, then away you go i had to use it today funily enough after a tuning fiddle with my newer genny tweeters.

Also fitted my slightly whiter lights still not quite white enough, been through 3 sets now lol. They're wired up to the distribution in the boot now with a switch much better.

I admire the quality of your installs and the amps look quite nice but the head unit? Honestly, the pictures at the top of this page makes it look like a face with really big ears and the two buttons at the bottom look like one of those selfie trout pouts.

Car looks great though

Right here's the tweeters they are still Genesis audiophile tweeters but the later ehmann brand ones as they had a few different sets over the years. They're not the tidiest, but I should be able to tidy them up somehow and put some grills on them to match my midbass grills.

They're slightly bigger than my other one's but with the outer casings off and a few winds of fabric tape around them I managed to get them to slip into my currant flush mounts nicely. Sounding pretty good so far might be keepers.

Time I updated this as quite allot has changed

The car is now lowered more on H&R springs and Bilstien shocks

TjBwuCah.jpg

JOqBcf6h.jpg

300mm big brake conversion fitted with refurbed mk3 mondeo calipers

DYYc27th.jpg

IDX11BPh.jpg

U11yH7ph.jpg

Biggest changes needless to say are the sound system its now running an active 3way per side setup with new Morel Integra HiFi point source drivers built into the a pillars so now the midrange is much crisper and more detailed also different are the Focal V1 midbass drivers in the doors they are much more punchy as they're not playing much frequency range.

Fans and better leds have also been fitted in the amp rack.

All off the amps bar one have been away to be modified/upgraded with more power and a higher class A bias.

Focal V1 door midbass drivers

bpeo9j7h.jpg

fITz11Vh.jpg

A Pillars being built After much playing around with the aiming to get them sounding the most alike both sides.

SduO3jSh.jpg

NMU1uemh.jpg

IimXEmRh.jpg

1jYoWnPh.jpg

4Wc6Vyih.jpg

Steel Shot was put inside and out to make them more solid and dead along with a fiberglass milkshake and smoothed

UFCmhP0h.jpg

oNF463gh.jpg

ZAiJFmSh.jpg

xzH3olph.jpg

Back from the trimmers in black alcantara, backs sound deadened more and closed cell foam lined on the backs as a gasket to stop sound leaking.
Lambs wool wadding to go inside.

7mzdvEwh.jpg

AnFfSZAh.jpg

U3QopQfh.jpg

XxYSeMDh.jpg

uomWiGBh.jpg

Made up a custom press to mould some grills the same as the doors

lZBhgumh.jpg

R1q2HO3h.jpg

e6l180dh.jpg

All finished

M9zYjP6h.jpg

On to rewiring the boot cable braiding and gold plated ferrules etc along with a little old Genesis SA30

xgxvU7Uh.jpg

VfAbM8ph.jpg

YNjdFFAh.jpg

MsxIzsJh.jpg

BfdPcOYh.jpg

New lights and fans in and back together sounding and looking lovely really pleased.

5GLwlxKh.jpg

n3fBrTUh.jpg

WZIxg07h.jpg

0dsWA0Ah.jpg

IDGfbgVh.jpg

N1NpftRh.jpg

k2aKaTzh.jpg

Hallo Paul, didn't realise you were on retrobike :)

Work on My 'Everyday SQ' VW polo will be picking up again soon after a summer hiatus :)

Love that Amp Rack.

Re:

My_Teenage_Self":38u06myd said:
Hallo Paul, didn't realise you were on retrobike :)

Work on My 'Everyday SQ' VW polo will be picking up again soon after a summer hiatus :)

Love that Amp Rack.

Hello mate yes same fancy that lol

been on here a while drooling and remembering old 90's gear lol
Should be starting my own retro build finaly soon the bikes on its way :D .

A little interior tweak ive been wanting to do for a while change the dial faces and needles to something more sporty.

So i got some custom dial faces from spinal studios these were fone differently from how they usually do them as i wanted a more glossy/satin finish to the background so they were face printed rather than their usual reverse printing.

I like the needles on the fiesta st180 so i bought some clocks to take them out of. Typically they were a slightly different fitment so a bit of careful drilling was needed.

Really happy with the end result.

St donor clocks needles removed

QUUKV9Vh.jpg

3blpM9Ih.jpg

mine taken apart

2wEbyO8h.jpg

Before

rY42UXph.jpg

Now much more sporty

zWl7AOqh.jpg

Back