My Fuquay

Dart 2.2 were such a good tyre.

Me like that frame. I so nearly bought one BITD... but I broke what I had and needed something asap so ended up with my Explosif.

Rear brake set-up.

My Lloyd has the brake stop on the right of top tube like that. The rear brake cable routing was a nightmare until I got some Avid Ultimate canti's which allow you to switch the noodle direction - nae cheap though :cry:

The Lloyd also has really wide spaced rear canti mounts which meant that setting up any V-brake was difficult because of all the spacers under the pads - I used some spare chainring washers. I got the V's to work really well, but have now gone to Canti's so I can use the nifty canti hanger.

Is it just a distortion from the close-up photo, or is the head angle very steep with that fork? It'll be interesting to know how you find the steering. Although judging from the age of the frame (95ish?), it'd be surprising if he built it for a longer fork than that, as they were all much the same travel back then.

The one thing I would change is the stem. I'm sure the bike would have been designed for something lower and longer. And when you've got a head tube that long, mightn't you find a riser stem is too much of a good thing?

fuquay

Messiah ,cheers for the V brake tip .The back end on my Fuquay is wide and my Avid tri algn 3 V'S [catchy name] are looking ropey. They have a broken face plate. May have to consider a more modern but still retroish alternative.

Anthony":259lp01h said:
Is it just a distortion from the close-up photo, or is the head angle very steep with that fork? It'll be interesting to know how you find the steering. Although judging from the age of the frame (95ish?), it'd be surprising if he built it for a longer fork than that, as they were all much the same travel back then.

The one thing I would change is the stem. I'm sure the bike would have been designed for something lower and longer. And when you've got a head tube that long, mightn't you find a riser stem is too much of a good thing?

agree - head tube does mess things up with fork choice - will have to see how it feels (still not had chance to ride it yet :evil: ), have some back up RC30's if necessary.

Agree about stem too, got a very short one coming in with no rise, but may even try negative rise. Having a short zero rise stem is way off my normal radar so am experimenting!! :LOL:

Back