Kona Frame Sizing.

younggeoff

Retro Guru
Hello Chaps, just sold my Hei Hei to a guy, sold it as a 19" frame as it's a 1997/98 and according to the catalogue if the top tube length is 23.5 then it's a 19" if it's 23" then it's an 18. Can someone please verify how a kona frame should be measured.

Cheers, Geoff.

Attachments

• Kona Hei Hei.jpg
    Kona Hei Hei.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 2,142
kona frame sizing

Hello Kase1983 - are you interested in selling the decal set. I've just put a new set of decals on that I got from Gil but the real thing would make it more attractive to potential customers

Cheers, Geoff.

I've just bought the same frame. It was sold as a 19" and has a 19" seat tube, but the head tube looks shorter than yours...Is your frame a 20"?

I'm pretty sure Kona size their frames purely on seat tube length. My old 18" Muni Mula had an 18" seat tube and I had a Medium Chute which was listed as a 17 and had a 17" seat tube.

Kona sizing is from the centre of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube (ie coller). The top tube measurements are effective.

The 18" frame has a ~110mm head tube length so that's definitely not an 18". I've got the head tube lengths for the other size frames somewhere but thats the only one I remember off the top of my head.

That looks more like a 20" to me. If its too big for the guy you sold it too I'll take it your hands ;)

Actually on reflection it could be a 19", especially if the bike shown below is a 19" as it was listed.

Attachments

• 1a_3.jpeg
    1a_3.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2,090
kona frame sizing

Looking at that photo, when I replac ed the decals on the one that I sold it had blue decals underneath same as the above picture. and it's got the same cable routing.

Back