Nipples

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I got some Ti spokes.. Can I use Aluminium nipples or am I better off sticking to the Brass ones? The latter kinda hampers the Uber Light front wheel project [that flexes in a light breeze?]..

Jez, what nipples you got? :shock: :LOL: :shock:

Sorry mate, only have the 36 I need.. What nipples are you using?

Not really sure which nipples I have on my wheels, they came as a pleasent surprise on a bike I purchased a while back - its all still in a box waiting to be played with....

Asked my wheel building guru for you and apparently he always built them with Aluminium nipples. So I'm assuming they will be fine.

What rim and hub are you going to lace them to?

Awesome, mean I can get some purple alu nipples :D

M900 hub, Ritchey Vantage Pro rim, both NOS.. Should be nice.. Have a Disk Drive Pro for the rear.. :cool:

What's the bike in the box?

Purple to match the bottle cage and seat post??

Bike in the box is just "another Kona" as some would say ;)

Yep ;)

Don't know if you've seen it elsewhere on here, but I have a GT Psyclone I'm building up with 98 SIDs & 950/1/2 XTR.. Nice black frame with a metallic flake in it..

What's the Kona then? If it had Ti spokes it must a been a good'un.. Hot? Hei Hei? Let's have a photo? :D

for retro non hardcore use they'll be fine. living in sydney it wont be a problem, but wet/ salt conditions alu nipples corrode like crazy & generally crumbling into bits.
sapim cx ray spokes would have been lighter than ti if weight was the major consideration.

Back