Window tinting and Security film

slinky182

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After chatting to a few of you at the various meets, anyone who's interested in getting their car tinted of fitted with security film, Im gonna try and arrange a day for people to bring their cars and I can do you a really good deal for retrobike members. It'll be at my branch in Hinckley, near Leicester and probably be a Saturday or Sunday or both depending on who signs up. Let me know if you're interested and Ill try and sort a date that suits everyone

Too far for me, but interesting to see i wasn't the only one thinking about this. Any advice? Any particular brands to go for/avoid? Rough idea of cost, its a 307sw estate, so the five rear dark and lighter front doors? Cheers ;)

Thinking about it but need some answers:

How dark can you go so it's the same tint all round the vehicle? Cars don't look so good with just rear doors and rear screen in one shade and front sides in another :?

I'm not far from you either :)

Out of curiosity I asked for a quote for my 3dr Seat Ibiza, 5 windows tinted for £130, sounds pretty reasonable to me. The quote was for any shade of tint I wanted too.

I looked around tinternet and found this on one of the tinting companies website:

Legal Aspects of Window Tinting

Current UK law (2006) states that rear side windows and the backwindow can be tinted as required. Tinting of the windscreen must allow at least 75% light transmission. This is 70% in the case of the front side windows.

At present it is not checked at the MOT.

Liam, i'm also interested as you know, lets get some more members on board and see how cheap we can go ;)

P20":3qp4f58d said:
This is 70% in the case of the front side windows.

Cool...

Question is, what does 70% equate to in terms of medium, dark and Limo ;)

Don't mind getting my car done but it needs to look even and I don't want my ass pulled regularly cos it's too dark either.

Ahhh it's Liam.....thought I recognised the company name....we met at the Peaks Meet....I was the fat unfit bloke at the back most of the day :oops: :oops:

Neilll, when you see my pimpmobile at Chicksands you can see what proper tinting looks like :cool:

Back