Dusk Till Dawn Aftermath Thread

jango":fmq85txk said:
It was wet and tough........and them it rained some more and got even tougher! But we finished with our sense of humour intact......just about.

I wish I'd pre-rode the coarse on Saturday afternoon now, it would be cracking in the dry :roll:

Well done chaps. Good to see you again. As Kev said... it would have been cracking in the dry. How about the log drop that was added to the 1st bombhole after the start?.... wet as an 'otter's pocket' !! Sliding even on the straights, slippery roots on all the single track and proper churned up. Still grinning on the Pork pie ridge though. :D

Good to see the RB keepin' it real... especially when I'd just finished my lap and was able to give Dan that 'f#~k me it's slippery out there' encouragement. As promised,I went back and had a couple of drams of Whisky after that!

Our team of the unfit chancers ever managed our worst showing ever. :D Our first rider suffered mechanicals and by 12 we'd only done 2 laps. By the time it came to the second change over.... we'd all opted for sleep and warmth rather than the continued downpour and 2hr+ laps. ... never mind, here's hoping for a dry one next year.
Here's some pics.

Boy"O"boy

Attachments

• mudbath2.JPG
    mudbath2.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,806
  • mudbath.JPG
    mudbath.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,806
  • bikewash.JPG
    bikewash.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,806
  • andyw.JPG
    andyw.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,806
Only a few pics as promised

Attachments

• D2D-002.jpg
    D2D-002.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,798
  • D2D-003.jpg
    D2D-003.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,798
  • D2D-1.jpg
    D2D-1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,798
i hurt like hell know and im so tired when do we get the results on line as i wanna sleepy :roll: :roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: so glad we done it :cool:

cjax":3s8tvys1 said:
Bl**dy hell Heathy how did you manage to get a 4" gash in your head?

Chris.

Well, i have been moving factories this weekend and in a MAD effort to get the "death star" fully operational for Monday i got a bit carried away!

I was guiding a forklift driver who was putting some timber onto the mezzanine floor when i turned at full pelt and whacked my head into a massive RSJ and caught my forehead on the lower bit [ the bit that sticks out sideways]
I came round about 30 seconds later covered in blood and face down on the floor.
I was on the 2nd step from the top when this happened if your wandering how i hit a RSJ , it's only 3ft from the flooring;)
I don't feel to bad now, just the whiplash hurts now, the dizziness and sickness have gone ;)

Back