Saturday's monsoon leads to new build

Nice going, the 856 with Girvin Vectors remains the pinnacle of the development of the ProFlex chassis to me.

The speedsprings conversion of the rear shock is period correct too. I had the funky blue-green fade paint job, the "Beast" model bitd, my first full sus. But the red racer is the image burnt in my retina.

Enjoy!!

Grannygrinder":1rqsncjp said:
Sweet ride dude, the proflex is cool too,I love older Beemers. Where abouts in Hampshire are you? I used to live in Southampton but escaped to the "big country".

It's all about the old skool stuff - that applies to cars as well as bikes :) I can't leave them alone either - hence the current engine used to be in a 7series & I have almost as many sets of car wheels as bike ones...!
I'm in West Totton - just on the edge of the forest. Only been here a couple of months.

IbocProSX":1rqsncjp said:
Nice going, the 856 with Girvin Vectors remains the pinnacle of the development of the ProFlex chassis to me.

They do look best, for sure! The later Noleen cross-links are a nicer fork to ride though - I've had both on the bike but neither of them came with a disc mount :(

Ah the New forest

I used to live in Hedge end,but the place is full of Londoners so I bailed to Wales,love it never looked back. Current occasional weapon of choice car wise is a 1994 Lancia delta intragalle evo,does about 8 to the gallon, blood red left hooker.

Grannygrinder":29lsidpx said:
Blowing a gale and lashing with rain yesterday afternoon. So woosed out on ride and offered a few parts up to the Proflex I accquired in the morning.Bit short of parts so had to completely strip the Rocky mountain for the moment. I like it a lot,what do you think?
In dire need of a rear mech hanger for it and a front mech but apart from that I think it will pretty much stay like this and i'll source other bits for the RM.

thats nice a mate of mine had one of those new. he swapped the forks for rock shocks i think and i had the Girvins off of him for a steal! all long gone now of course.

Back