Dusk Till Dawn Aftermath Thread

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well, our boys are half an hour into their wet and windy night of commitment and I thought I'd start the ball rolling by wishing them all well.

Well done chaps.

Popped by to wish 'em well earlier and discovered one team down :shock:. Still, these boys weren't deterred. Nor were they phased by the impending doom of a weather front on it's way.

As I drove back down the M11 it opened on on me. And boy do I feel sorry for you chaps out in that this eve.

So here's to Team Retrobike on this cold and wet Autumnal evening.

And get well soon Heathy.

Picture from earlier this eve. Before the big push.

:D

Attachments

• D2DRBTeam2.jpg
    D2DRBTeam2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,996
im home im know clean of 99% of the grit and my quad is cained but boy was it worth it got a stonking quick lap between 12pm-1.10am sweet it was a very drisly grisley night and mr and mrs wu brought us a big bag of mints cheers gus they help when we needed it most cool :cool: :cool: :cool: cant wait til the next one :LOL: :roll: :LOL: :roll: :LOL: thanks to chris, neil, and kev for a cracking night of riding like a crazy person in this weather :LOL: :cool: :LOL: cheers guys

It was wet and tough........and them it rained some more and got even tougher! But we finished with our sense of humour intact......just about.

I wish I'd pre-rode the coarse on Saturday afternoon now, it would be cracking in the dry :roll:

Yet again I show up with poor tyre choice.......it took all my skill and concentration to stay upright on the first lap......semi-slicks, what was I thinking.....DOH!

I just flicked the TV on before crashing out, The Great North Run is on and guess what.........blue sky and glorious sunshine :evil:

Well done Guys. Weather aside I'm still gutted to have missed out on this.

Anyone take pictures?

Good show there boyz, glad everyone enjoyed themselves :D

You guys probably hurt less than me, i have a sweet looking 4" gash in my forehead now :evil: and a lovely case of concussion and whiplash.

When's the pic's up then :?:

Home - watered, fed and washed - bliss to be in the dry and warm!

Well done Team, despite the atrocious conditions we did well. Senses of humour stayed in tact right to the very end. As tradition dictates the rain started 5 minutes before the start and continued right through to the end. The course was 100% rideable on the first lap (despite the 10 minutes queue to get through the first bombhole) by the end riders were walking large parts of the course. Lap times went from 55 minutes on the first lap to well over 2 hours by the end. Thankyou Dan, Kev & Neil, and of course Wu & Mrs Wu for visiting, you made this a really enjoyable event. :D

Took a couple of photos but waiting for rain to stop before venturing outside to the car :LOL: I have developed a phobia of cold & wet :LOL:

Two pictures so far, all of me, Mr Photogenic: - from the official photo sites http://www.williamsimaging.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=59&page=2
&
http://www.mphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/6124556_qTWhB#386952828_Qf9h5

Attachments

• normal_LJW-D2D08-063.jpg
    normal_LJW-D2D08-063.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,871
  • d2d-1.jpg
    d2d-1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,784
Back