amc music: Apr-24 Takeover available to listen back!

Re:

Al.. I'm currently at home having taken a couple of days holiday from work... work fatigue, a recent course of antibios, too much travelling, frustration no riding due to fractured wrist.. I just needed some time out.
This morning i awoke very early, before dawn, made some tea, sat in the darkness and fiddled a bit with my iphone. I found myself on Retrobike and came across this thread, so i clicked the link to one of your downtempo mixes, plugged in the 3mm jack to my hifi and stretched out on my sofa looking at the ceiling fan whirring gently above in the minimal light of approaching dawn. It turned out to be just what i needed, i lay there soaking up the atmosphere, drifting a bit in and out of sleep and simply relaxing.
Later i climbed on my indoor trainer and turned the pedals with my unfit legs, for the first time in a while, accompanied by another of your mixes, a slightly more lively one.
Thanks very much for uplifting my day!

Re:

RadNomad":9n3kczpi said:
Al.. I'm currently at home having taken a couple of days holiday from work... work fatigue, a recent course of antibios, too much travelling, frustration no riding due to fractured wrist.. I just needed some time out.
This morning i awoke very early, before dawn, made some tea, sat in the darkness and fiddled a bit with my iphone. I found myself on Retrobike and came across this thread, so i clicked the link to one of your downtempo mixes, plugged in the 3mm jack to my hifi and stretched out on my sofa looking at the ceiling fan whirring gently above in the minimal light of approaching dawn. It turned out to be just what i needed, i lay there soaking up the atmosphere, drifting a bit in and out of sleep and simply relaxing.
Later i climbed on my indoor trainer and turned the pedals with my unfit legs, for the first time in a while, accompanied by another of your mixes, a slightly more lively one.
Thanks very much for uplifting my day!

tumblr_ni1kvkeAQ21qjj2qyo1_500.gif

Well that's super to hear and glad it got your in a good frame of mind :D

Re:

The Christmas edition of New Seeds is up for your listening pleasure, big thanks to everyone who tuned in and enjoyed the party! This might be just what you're looking for if you need a little botty-shake now and in the run-up to the new year.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/alonestare/new-s ... w-7-151216
Mixcloud: https://www.mixcloud.com/alasdair-mcall ... -7-151216/

Tracklisting - my Christmas gift to you - SUPPORT THE ARTISTS: BUY THEIR MUSIC :xmas-wink:

Wham – Last Christmas (Instrumental) // Columbia // 2014
Quintus Project – Night Flight // Derwin recordings // 2011
Ptaki – Krystyna // The very Polish cut-outs Vol. 1 // The very Polish cut-outs // 2013
Eddie C – Stoneczna promenda // The very Polish cut-outs // 2015
Herb Alpert – Rise // A&M Records // 1979
Key of Dreams – Africa // Zanza Records // 1982
Talking Heads – Psycho killer // Stop making sense // Sire // 1984
Gwen Guthrie – Ain’t nothin’ goin’ on but the rent (12” club mix) // Polygram Records // 1986
Thelma Houston – You used to hold me so tight (12” version) // MCA Records // 1984
Tom Browne – Funkin’ for Jamaica // Arista Records // 1980
Joey Negro and the Sunburst Band – Taste the groove (Hot Toddy remix) // Z Records // 2013
Crazy P – Never gonna reach me (Hot Toddy remix) // 20:20 Vision // 2009
Dolle Jolle – Balearic incarnation (Todd Terje’s extra doll mix) // Permanent Vacation // 2008
Chaz Jankel – Glad to know you (Todd Terje edit) // TTJ // 2016
Crazy P – Scrap the book // Walk dance talk sing // Walk Don’t Walk Ltd / !K7 Records // 2015
Friendly Fires – Paris (Aeroplane remix) // XL Recordings Ltd // 2008
Roisin Murphy – Simulation (Mano le Tough remix) // Permanent Vacation // 2012
Holy Ghost! – It gets dark // DFA Records // 2012
Prince and the Revolution – Erotic city (make love not war erotic city come alive) // Warner Brothers Records // 1985
Hercules and Love Affair – Blind (Frankie Knuckles remix) // DFA Records // 2008
Saint Etienne – I was born on Christmas day // Xmas 93 // Heavenly // 1993 sadly missed on the recording as the battery died! :facepalm:

flBjHq.jpg

Re:

Here's the replay from January's special 3 hour 4.0 show; a musical journey from day 0 to 14,600 and something.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/alonestare/new-s ... w-8-120118
Mixcloud: https://www.mixcloud.com/alasdair-mcall ... -8-120117/

LKU59V.jpg

Tracklisting:

Harvey Mandel - Baby batter
Nilsson - Me and my arrow
Abba - The day before you came
Robert Palmer – Looking for clues
Michael Jackson – P.Y.T
Chaka Khan – I feel for you
A-ha – The blue sky
De La Soul – Jenifa taught me (Derwins revenge)
Public Enemy – Burn Hollywood burn
KLF – 3 A.M. eternal
Neds Atomic Dustbin – Grey cell green
Pop Will Eat Itself – 92 degrees (the 3rd degree)
Faith No More – Everything’s ruined
Saint Etienne – Leafhound
Bjork – Come to me
The Orb – Majestic
DJ Shadow – Changeling
The Beastie Boys – Rootdown
The Pharcyde – Soulflower (remix)
Portishead – Pedestal
Roni Size / Reprazent – Railing
Spring Heel Jack – Eesti
Daft Punk – Da funk
UNKLE – UNKLE main title theme
Massive Attack – Black milk
Air – Another day
Aim – Sail (Rae and Christian remix)
Zero 7 – Over our heads
Jazzanova – Takes you back (unexpected dub)
Bent – Always
Beck – Hell yes
Mr Twin Sister – Rude boy
Woolfy vs Projections – My room
Horsebeach – It’s alright
Gwenno – Amser
Ex Hex – You fell apart
Phono Ghosts – When we were 15
Boards of Canada – Nothing is real

Back