Vauxhall Corsa (yes really)

That's brilliant. With four people peddling that should constitute just over 1HP (given that the average cyclist generates about a third of a HP) - swift indeed! But more importantly you could pedal to the pub for a legal booze-up without any fear of the law as drink driving only exists as a law for legitimate cars and the cyclists charge of 'cycling furiously' with intent to cause injury or endangerment is unlike to apply here.

Cavalier":q9nxzvh9 said:
That's brilliant. With four people peddling that should constitute just over 1HP (given that the average cyclist generates about a third of a HP) - swift indeed! But more importantly you could pedal to the pub for a legal booze-up without any fear of the law as drink driving only exists as a law for legitimate cars and the cyclists charge of 'cycling furiously' with intent to cause injury or endangerment is unlike to apply here.

You can be arrested for being drunk when cycling. I'm not even sure if this thing would be road legal...

"The Licensing Act 1872 makes it an offence to be drunk in charge of a bicycle (or any other vehicle or carriage, or cattle) on a highway or in a public place but this old law also forbids any public drunkenness - even in a pub - so is clearly never enforced."
http://www.bikehub.co.uk/featured-artic ... d-the-law/

I have to admit that I did not know that. Most laws that currently govern bicycles are related to the horse, such as, 'causing a menace on the Queen's highway' which was originally constituted for people being drunkenly incapacitated on horseback and relying on the horse to remember how to get home. Rurally this was not a problem, but, the act was constituted when road signage and subsequently lights were introduced to deal with metropolitan development, which was, ultimately, something that the horse struggled to keep up with.

Back