Engineers?

porkypaw":2g5mxtif said:
Makster- Where are these hospitals ?
I've worked for the Nhs for the last ten years and 99% of our nurses look like Hattie Jacques :!: (Google images for those of you too young to remember her)

Not up north! ;)
To be honest, some of the hospitals are dreadfull. I thought the private ones would be best, but god no!
The best hospitals are the ones that are full of eastern european chicks :cool:

Hmmmm............Design and Technology PGCE fer me..........means I'm kind of an engineer- very wide range of skills, know just enough to be crap at them all!!

Actually not true- at graphic design and CGI stuff I'm merely rubbish........

makster":27oy4p2z said:
porkypaw":27oy4p2z said:
Makster- Where are these hospitals ?
I've worked for the Nhs for the last ten years and 99% of our nurses look like Hattie Jacques :!: (Google images for those of you too young to remember her)

Not up north! ;)
To be honest, some of the hospitals are dreadfull. I thought the private ones would be best, but god no!
The best hospitals are the ones that are full of eastern european chicks :cool:

through my line of work in medical technologies, I get to go into hospitals to observe cases using our products, Im usually very impressed with the quality on show.

(Tends to be Hospitals in Bath that I get sent to)

Another thing, I find that a large proportion of people who went on to be engineers were huge Lego fans as kids...

The Dingles don't live in Bath ...... : :D
Sorry for straying from the original topic and being cruel to nurses ;)

I found lego quite difficult to swallow as a child, quite combustable though, meccano was the one for me :twisted:

porkypaw":2mwe69j5 said:
Old school mechanical craftsman and coded welder for thirty yrs and still getting paid for it. Not much call for us now tha nos. But still hanging on :)

Me too, but only 20 years :D , worked power stations, aeronautical and chemical industries. Still enjoy it though, plenty opportunity for fettling and making things.

porkypaw":1p3fmku1 said:
I found lego quite difficult to swallow as a child, quite combustable though, meccano was the one for me :twisted:

try only eating 1 piece at a time then...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

kaiser":3uina7du said:
porkypaw":3uina7du said:
Old school mechanical craftsman and coded welder for thirty yrs and still getting paid for it. Not much call for us now tha nos. But still hanging on :)

Me too, but only 20 years :D , worked power stations, aeronautical and chemical industries. Still enjoy it though, plenty opportunity for fettling and making things.
Greetings brother fettler and professional modder ;)

Professional Manufacturing Engineer here (bunch of degrees, industrial apprenticeship, 2 years post-graduate training, 2 years+ responsible post before using the tag).

I now teach Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering Management at a university, and am doing a PhD in how management systems impact on corporate culture change programmes (like "If the bankers "success" were measured differently, would we be in the same economic mess?")

I get angry that non-professionals get to call themselves "Engineer", "Engineering Technician" ok, "Engineer" no! Hospital porters, paramedics, etc don't get to call themselves doctors. Their work is still extremely valuable, but they are not doctors. It's the same in engineering.

End of rant.

Mostly this week i've been.....

Mostly this week i've been putting the finishing touches to a 26.5m long 25 tonne tidal gate for Conwy Bay north wales.Its not that tricky really its just that bigger jobs require bigger hammers!
But I'd still only call myself a fabricator the guy that informs me that it will float is the engineer!

Back