Started a build with a fork. Ended up with a 1987 Fat Chance

Re: Starting a build with a fork :)

k-rod":38ck12t2 said:
Jim seems to have a knack for finding cool/neat stuff.

Your telling me he does as that's a real gem and i'm a tad jealous because i just love these old Salsa's :mrgreen: ..

Stunning. I'm always staggered that NOS stuff like is still out there, I just can't get my head round someone buying these products all those years ago, doubtless at a fairly high price, and then just leaving it sat unused in boxes. If it was done as an investment then it's one hell of a long term savings plan!

Re:

I was pretty lucky to get that set ... good deal :)

I've got some more NOS Italian bling to show off tomorrow.

Still no frame. Nothing has been right.

That's great when you can find a great deal on Campagnolo as their are some seriously over priced parts for sale these day's and they are not even NOS so then what's your other Italian gem's that you have then ? ..

This is the only thing to catch my eye atm on the bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scott-Limited ... SwCfdXo1aB even though it's not what your after i know it would be a nice project for someone on here although this caught my eye too but thought it just doesn't gell with Campagnolo ..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rock-Lobster- ... SwOdpX1snp

Yes i thought the Campagnolo deserved somthing on the lines of a Ti or Reynolds tubed frameset tbh but very little on the go on ebay atm ..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

NOS Campy stuff is usually super pricy. I actually sold a used campy crank for for more than I paid for this new one.

I haven't seen a frame yet. I'm leaning towards a fat so far, but I'm still interested in a 88ish Merlin.

Back